Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Well this place has a customer for life...

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Bman950 
#1 ·
So recently got into riding and was looking around various dealers. Came across a bike i liked and was below what i was looking to pay. So i went out and purchased my '05 V-Star 650 Custom for around $2000. Price was lower due to it having 32k miles on it, no biggie to me. I get the bike home and notice its spurting out oil from the right crankcase cover on to the exhaust. I had signed an "As Is" at the dealer so i start to think "aww crap i bought a lemon".

So the next day I call up the salesman who handled my purchase and explained what had happened. He told me not to worry, just get the bike back there and they will fix it up at no charge. So i get it out there, their tech takes a look and lets me know they will need to order the gasket. Once they replaced it they took it out for a few miles ride after letting the bike get to full operating temp first. I go and get my bike and ride around quite happy and content.

Two days pass, and i am putting some new foot pegs on when i notice some fresh oil on the ground under my bike. Further inspection and seems the gasket on the left crankcase cover has developed a very slow leak. "Great, now im screwed again since they already fixed it once..." i think to my self. I call him up again hoping they will take care of it. He tells me not to worry, and this time they will have a tech call me and setup a time for them to drive out and pick the bike up(its about 55 miles from my house).

So I'm just left quite amazed at how much they are willing to make things right. With that as is clause i signed, they certainly did not need to do any of this for no charge. Don't know the laws in my state on the subject, so not sure if they are just doing what they are forced to or not. Still I am quite pleased with their service, and the way they handled me and my purchase experience. So i will certainly be going back there if possible for any future purchases.

The dealer in question is Miller's Motorsports on Connellsville Rd just outside of Uniontown PA(Southwest PA region). A Yamaha/Star Motors dealer.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sounds like they know that there is a good chance for an upgrade in the future and would like to have that business. It is a good idea and probably will benefit both parties in the long run. Good old school business model....earn your customers' loyalty not just their business.

#6 ·
Mirthen, with my wife being from Brownsville I've wanted to visit this place the last few times we've been back but never got around to it. The next time we go back I will stop by and commend them on their service. That's great to hear how much they did to make your purchase a worthwhile experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.