My Route 6 Ride through PA - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

My Route 6 Ride through PA

This past weekend I rode route 6 through PA. We left NJ Friday 1 PM, rode to Scranton PA and visited Steam town. Picked up route 6 and rode to Towanda, stayed at the Fairfield Inn. We were up early and headed over the Cox Harley Davidson in Mansfield PA, enjoyed their Chrome through the Canyon ride, they served lunch and drinks. They service crew there fixed up one of our my friends Sportster, the one side cover had a broken clip.
With the clip fixed we headed up to Bradford PA to visit the Zippo Lighter Case Knife museum, finishing out day to in Jamestown, NY. Only hotel we could find, America's Best Value Inn. Hotel is old, but the rooms were clean and continental breakfast was adequate, price is affordable.
Sunday morning we headed out and rode out to Presque Isle state park. After a swim in Lake Erie we enjoyed lunch and headed out to Kinzua Dam and then the Kinzua Viaduct. Then a hard push back to Towanda back at the Fairfield Inn. Monday we followed route 6 back home. Trip meter read 963 miles.
My V star ran flawlessly, overall it is comfortable and a smooth ride. I am going to explore putting a taller windshield on the bike as well as a set of hard bags for storage. The leather bags were Okay, but larger hard bags would be better.
One thing about taking a trip like this is all the really cool people you meet. We stopped in the town of Coudersport as one of the bikes had a loose side cover clip that was very bothersome. One of the guys in our group is a mechanic and had the foresight to pack zip ties and other assorted items for quick repairs. While we were standing there fascinated with a dilapidated house across the street from us. An elderly gentleman approached us and started a conversation with me, after a while I inquired about the house, my new friend Irving explained to me that a young man was murdered there and no one has lived there since. Found this web site about the house. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CJABEPwdMAo

Here is a link to my photo album, I shot several hours of video as well, that is going to take me a while to edit into on video.
http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Cb...20through%20PA

“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:27 PM

WOW you were in my back yard (Presque Isle). Sounds like a great ride.
Hopefully you dodged the nasty weather we've been having in the evenings.

2008/ 1300 V Star
Kuryakyn Pro R hypercharger
Road Burner 2.5" Street Pros
Dyno-Jet fuel processor
Yamaha OEM Passing lamps
Yamaha OEM highway bars Kuryakyn pegs
Tsukayu Strong JUMBO hard bags
Wicked Lightening green LED's
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
RecklessMotorcycles fairing w/Rockford Fosgate amp
Klock Werk 6.5" windshield

V&H Big Shots for sale
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
WOW you were in my back yard (Presque Isle). Sounds like a great ride.
Hopefully you dodged the nasty weather we've been having in the evenings.

We were very fortunate, did not see a drop of rain!

“Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Presque Isle is beautiful! Born and raised in NJ and having spent many summers down at the shore, the Jersey shore has nothing on Presque Isle!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:11 PM

That house is something to be seen! Straight out of a horror movie,lol

2008/ 1300 V Star
Kuryakyn Pro R hypercharger
Road Burner 2.5" Street Pros
Dyno-Jet fuel processor
Yamaha OEM Passing lamps
Yamaha OEM highway bars Kuryakyn pegs
Tsukayu Strong JUMBO hard bags
Wicked Lightening green LED's
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
RecklessMotorcycles fairing w/Rockford Fosgate amp
Klock Werk 6.5" windshield

V&H Big Shots for sale
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 06:49 AM

Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like you guys had a nice ride. You were just north of me, some day will have to take a couple days for a ride like that. Group I rode with couple years ago that a couple of my customers belong to, and plan to do so in a week or two (they ride locally every Wed. and Sun.) are heading out to Route 66 on a 4 week ride later this summer. Boy do I wish I could swing that one!!

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 AM

Thanks for sharing. I recently found a visitors guide and map in my home office and set it aside to review it. You have inspired me to try and get a small group together and take this journey. Great pics, love the house
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrzeye View Post
Thanks for sharing your pics. Looks like you guys had a nice ride. You were just north of me, some day will have to take a couple days for a ride like that. Group I rode with couple years ago that a couple of my customers belong to, and plan to do so in a week or two (they ride locally every Wed. and Sun.) are heading out to Route 66 on a 4 week ride later this summer. Boy do I wish I could swing that one!!
Thank you!
Take the time for a ride, it is worth it. I really only get the opportunity to do a trip like this every couple of years. Grateful for an understanding wife.
The only part that was a little tough was from Scranton to Towanda, lots of big trucks, west of Wellsboro was great.
I must say everyone we met along the way was so nice! Refreshing.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrot21 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I recently found a visitors guide and map in my home office and set it aside to review it. You have inspired me to try and get a small group together and take this journey. Great pics, love the house
Definitely worth the effort, wish we had budgeted a little more time for some of the sites.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Video of my Route 6 trip

Thank you for all the comments. I finally finished the video of the trip, I had hours of footage on the road, cut it down to 13 minutes
Enjoy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode