Location of Meets? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
eGo

Location of Meets?

Good Morning Everybody!

I was just wondering if there was a post with a roll call or sorts? I have learned there are a handful of members that are local to me, trying to see if we have enough members local to the area to justify a meet and greet of some kind. I myself am located in Lusby, MD. I know that Bman950 is in Waldorf, R1madman is from St. Leonard up the road from me. Who else is in the Tri-County or even further beyond that would be interested in something like this if it doesn't already exist? If it does, just point me in the right direction. I don't get much time to ride short of my commutes when the weather channel isn't lying to me. I have three younger kids at home and when I'm not working, my wife is. Most of the time. Even if it's not this riding season, it would be neat to have something in the works for next riding season with some kind of rotation where we all get together once a month or so and shoot the breeze or go for a ride. So lets try to get a count of how many there are nearby and maybe we can work on something? I'm currently a member of a club, Southern Maryland Mopars, that meets once a week (Sundays @ 8am) at rotating locations. We have a few fund raising events a year that benefit, Toys for Tots & Shop with a Cop. Not saying we need to meet like them or do the things they do, just saying it's a nice way to get together and meet new people who like the same things we do. It also gives us exposure to other riders that may not know about the forums or that there are other riders out there.

I also think it would be nice to know who's where and with what knowledge that they might be willing to help others with projects that they might not be willing to, or want to, tackle alone. For example, changing brake pads. A lot of people are scared to death to do something like this. I have only ever changed pads on a car, but the concept is the same. I also followed the instructions and completed the job in less than an hour start to finish. I'd be willing to help people with small jobs like that on the weekends (preferably at my place so I can keep my monsters under control). I'm planning on tackling the AIS in late August and R1madman had expressed an interest in doing this with me. Once I know I have all of the tools on hand (not that there are many) and have a process down I will let him know and see if he's available. I will also try to get my hands on some extra .45 casings so that we don't have to buy the plug kit.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

eGo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 08:16 AM

Garage
eGo, if one doesn't exist, maybe administration would be interested in helping to establish regional roll calls. I'm in a tri-state area, Tn, Ms, and Ar, and would to meet up with other regional riders. I like your idea, and maybe something can be setup.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
eGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
eGo, if one doesn't exist, maybe administration would be interested in helping to establish regional roll calls. I'm in a tri-state area, Tn, Ms, and Ar, and would to meet up with other regional riders. I like your idea, and maybe something can be setup.
Yah, I think it would be interesting and beneficial. Certainly not required, I know some people like their anonymity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2015, 10:04 AM

Garage
I live in Philadelphia and have the same thing with work and kids. Found a group on meetup.com that I go and ride with but are usually all day event. Would like to try one of the meet ups cause I have never been down southern MD. Would be ok even with a meet in Baltimore. See if we can get a couple of riders from around here and ride down there.

Need some wind therapy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode