Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Greetings from the Great White North

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  raulgarzajr.1311 
#1 ·
Bought a 1998 V-Star Custom 650 a few months back with only 4,500 miles on her! Its my first bike so I am getting more comfortable with it. Aftermarket pipes and its the perfect balance between sounding awesome and just plain annoying.

Max

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Happy to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts. Your bike is looking good. We have a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people here to help with your mods and to answer all your questions. Post often and ride safe.

#9 ·
Welcome from the Pacific Northwest. I bought my 2007 V Star 650 Custom just a little more than a month ago and I've enjoyed every second of it. Beautiful bike, handles like a dream, and has plenty of power and get up and go for me. I'm short, just 5'6" tall so it fits me well and I don't feel any need for a bigger bike. Just put new Metzler tires on it front and back and they have nearly 200 miles on them now. Love it.

Warning to you though - keep the two screws on the bottom of your gas cap nice and tight. I didn't know this until it was too late and one screw backed out and fell in to the tank. I wish I'd been warned! Now I can't ride until I get a magnet on a stick so I can fish it out, and reassemble the gas cap, which fell apart. I think I also have a small spring in the tank which really freaks me out as it is small enough to go in and block the pitot tube to the carbs. Really scary! I'll go fishing tomorrow night, wish me luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.