Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Which pipes would you choose?

8K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  troytali 
#1 ·
Hi, I was all set to order the Cobra pipes pictured below, but I stumbled upon a photo of Hard Krome's new pipes. Which would you choose?

Hard Krome

Cobra

See less See more
#5 ·
Pipes

You might be right, Lindsay! While googling I came across a 1100-owners site where they rate aftermarket exhausts. Looking at the several listings I would suggest that Hard Krome's overall perform better than Cobra's. But then, these are all 'personal' ratings! But interesting to compare different pipes in the lists. You might wanna look at www.vstar.ca !

Ride Safe ;)

#6 ·
I am from the VTX world where there are a lot of complaints about the fit and factory finish of DG Hardkrome products. Headpipe fits, cracking and peeling finish, frustrating reponses from the manufacturer...

Cobra on the other hand doesn't seem to have such problems and their quality is next to none. Just my two cents.

#9 ·
I have HK on my liner, love em, definitely a higher quality pipe than the cobras I had on my vstar. Pretty sure hard Krome guarentees that the finish will last and I didnt lose any power without a crossover. My old cobras turned golden and they wouldn't do anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

#10 ·
Pipes on the raider

I have the COBRA swepts on two of my Raiders, and Dragsters on the third. The Swepts are throatier. But if you pack the dragster pipes stock silencers with fiberglass, the sound is great, and the top end of these pipes seem to scream!! Trick!

#14 ·
I just bought a Raider S, new, and am putting on a set of Cobra Dragsters. I've only heard them on youtube, but there was something about them that really grabbed me. I'm usually a bit more interested in the artistic qualities as much as performance, so a bit older school straight pipes seems odd for me...but they just look awesome on the Raider. I hope they do sound good, not tinny. The stock exhaust, while too quiet, had a nice subwoofer rumble while riding.

#16 ·
I did! Excellent pipe. The best one, other than the Dragsters, and it makes the best overall power, from what I can see. I love the idea of 2 into 1 systems that work. But, the Dragsters just really did it for me, and on the bike, in person, they look amazing. It's also very easy to change the transfer case oil with those pipes on. And the sound...wow...very impressed. I love these pipes...

Look at the V&H 2 into 1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.