2018 Regional Members Meeting - Southeast - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 766Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Senior Member
 
brittct's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 199
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
Yes! She was my instructor! We're friends on FB. Cox's is one of the best Harley dealers in Triad I believe.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They are good people! Yeah I got here snapchat shes pretty cool
nurtaeff and nurtaeff like this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
brittct is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 222
Garage
September would be good for me also. It's about 870 miles from where I live in Canada. Will make a nice scenic trip there and back with the added bonus of getting to meet all of you.
nurtaeff and nurtaeff like this.
Digger is offline  
post #13 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight View Post
September would be good for me also. It's about 870 miles from where I live in Canada. Will make a nice scenic trip there and back with the added bonus of getting to meet all of you.


That'd be awesome man! Have you been at Blue Ridge Parkway? If not you're going to like it a lot


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Commenting this to keep at the top. Come on, guys, that'd be awesome meeting in September! Join us!

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #15 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Digger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 222
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
That'd be awesome man! Have you been at Blue Ridge Parkway? If not you're going to like it a lot


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, never been there before. In fact over the last 12 years I've been riding never did an overnight trip until last year when I went to Pennsylvania and New York state for a 1500 mile trip that I really enjoyed. This year going to a rally in Arkansas and this one.

Used to have a Suzuki VS800 and after that a Sportster so long trips were not that enjoyable. Upgraded to a Vstar 950 and now the highway is no problem and I enjoy doing the longer runs. I've heard a lot about the Blue Ridge Parkway and am really looking forward to seeing it and the area all around. Will be bringing a buddy of mine, he rides a Vstar 1300.
nurtaeff and nurtaeff like this.
Digger is offline  
post #16 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight View Post
Nope, never been there before. In fact over the last 12 years I've been riding never did an overnight trip until last year when I went to Pennsylvania and New York state for a 1500 mile trip that I really enjoyed. This year going to a rally in Arkansas and this one.

Used to have a Suzuki VS800 and after that a Sportster so long trips were not that enjoyable. Upgraded to a Vstar 950 and now the highway is no problem and I enjoy doing the longer runs. I've heard a lot about the Blue Ridge Parkway and am really looking forward to seeing it and the area all around. Will be bringing a buddy of mine, he rides a Vstar 1300.
Cool! So which date(s) do you have in mind? We have very few people interested, but we could still meet there if date(s) will work for everybody.

Guys, please reply with your ideas regarding a date as well. Then we can preliminary schedule our meeting.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #17 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 08:56 AM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,693
Garage
A few things Id like to add in trying to plan ahead for this. You dont have to be just in the southeast to attend, however due to the large number of members there, Nurteaf and I both felt that should be the basis for a regional get together. The area were looking at is extremely biker friendly and a lot of scenic locations. Please share your suggestions/ideas. This would be a great way to meet and greet our members and share some ideas for our forum. Were going to follow up monthly on this and during the winter months. Please feel free to pm us and lets try to make this happen. Thanks members!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brittct, brittct, nurtaeff and 1 others like this.
Keith Post is online now  
post #18 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 06:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 24
September 20th - 22nd 2018 are the dates listed on Maggie Valley's page ..

They're already planning a rally then so I'd vote we shoot for that weekend
VeeTwins is offline  
post #19 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeTwins View Post
September 20th - 22nd 2018 are the dates listed on Maggie Valley's page ..

They're already planning a rally then so I'd vote we shoot for that weekend
Sounds like a plan to me!

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #20 of 576 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Commenting this so it stays visible...
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome