2018 Regional Members Meeting - Southeast - Page 3 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 766Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight View Post
... I've heard a lot about the Blue Ridge Parkway and am really looking forward to seeing it and the area all around...
The NC, TN and Northern GA region is a gorgeous area with great roads for riding. Of course there's Tail of The Dragon on US129 south of Deals Gap NC and following south on US129 will take you to Lake Santeetlah where you can pick up the Cherohala Skyway heading west. In fact just about any of the secondary roads are just amazing, some are like roller coaster hills with switchbacks and dramatic elevation changes. If you follow 68 South from Tellico Plains where the western portion of the Skyway ends and travel south into the Chattahoochee National forest in Northern GA you can experience T.W.O. (used be called Two Wheels Only) which I guess is now named Two Wheels Of Suches, a motorcycle only campground.
Diogenes415 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 896
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes415 View Post
The NC, TN and Northern GA region is a gorgeous area with great roads for riding. Of course there's Tail of The Dragon on US129 south of Deals Gap NC and following south on US129 will take you to Lake Santeetlah where you can pick up the Cherohala Skyway heading west. In fact just about any of the secondary roads are just amazing, some are like roller coaster hills with switchbacks and dramatic elevation changes. If you follow 68 South from Tellico Plains where the western portion of the Skyway ends and travel south into the Chattahoochee National forest in Northern GA you can experience T.W.O. (used be called Two Wheels Only) which I guess is now named Two Wheels Of Suches, a motorcycle only campground.
Sounds awesome! Looks like you know the area pretty well. Will you be able to come and join us? That'd be super cool to have a knowledgeable guide!
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #23 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 03:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 909
I used to be very familiar with the area since I lived nearby and used to explore it a lot throughout the 90s until the mid 2000s. We'll see how it goes come summer time. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to revisiting the area although TBH there are many adventures that I have planned for the upcoming year and down time is still limited since I am not yet retired. I will be riding through your town come April on my way back from visiting friends at Fearrington Village south of Chapel Hill so I'll give you a throttle blip.

Last edited by Diogenes415; 01-04-2018 at 04:05 AM.
Diogenes415 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 896
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes415 View Post
I used to be very familiar with the area since I lived nearby and used to explore it a lot throughout the 90s until the mid 2000s. We'll see how it goes come summer time. I certainly wouldn't be opposed to revisiting the area although TBH there are many adventures that I have planned for the upcoming year and down time is still limited since I am not yet retired. I will be riding through your town come April on my way back from visiting friends at Fearrington Village south of Chapel Hill so I'll give you a throttle blip.
Hope everything works out and you will be able to come. I'm impatiently looking forward to this exciting event.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #25 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 896
Garage
Commenting again to keep at the top...
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #26 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
NCDaveD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 112
Garage
Definitely interested as all the roads I've ridden in the area were great. Is this for Yamaha's only or ? My ridding buddy has a different make that we have explored the NC mountains with. I'm near Fayetteville and it's a short hop to the mountains from here.

NCDaveD

2008 Yamaha V Star 1300 Black Cherry
NCDaveD is offline  
post #27 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 896
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDaveD View Post
Definitely interested as all the roads I've ridden in the area were great. Is this for Yamaha's only or ? My ridding buddy has a different make that we have explored the NC mountains with. I'm near Fayetteville and it's a short hop to the mountains from here.
I personally switched to HD recently (previous bike was Yamaha Stryker), but I'm coming! ) It's all about people, not the motorcycle makes. Keith, would you agree? Perhaps my wife will come also (she rides 650 Custom). I'd welcome everybody to join us. A couple of my friends are getting interested in coming as well (they ride Harleys also), but we all are free of "Harley brain decease" lol
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #28 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 06:10 AM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,673
Garage
I definitely agree, itís about the unity of riding and meeting/greeting fellow riders. What does everyone else think?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nurtaeff and nurtaeff like this.
Keith Post is offline  
post #29 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 909
IMO Yamaha introduced us but rides/meets are about the people, not the bikes.
nurtaeff and nurtaeff like this.
Diogenes415 is offline  
post #30 of 576 (permalink) Old 01-11-2018, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 896
Garage
September 20-22? I think that's the best time to go - better weather and lots of fun. We need to figure out our meeting location... Every suggestion is highly appreciated!

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome