2018 Meet up schedule - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 53Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,693
Garage
I agree wholeheartedly. I think weíre going to have a blast!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nurtaeff likes this.
Keith Post is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
ChiefGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Rockwell, NC.
Posts: 1,696
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
we'll sit all together at the table Thursday night and make a plan for Friday. We can ride all day if we want, just gotta plan stops, meals, gas, places to see.

Blue Ridge is a long road, I'm pretty sure there are routes suitable for different levels of skill, comfort, etc. Our goal is to find a good balance and not to leave anyone behind.

I got a feeling that it's going to be awesome!
Skyway & Bluerigde are easy for beginners. Then you’ve got others in the area such as “The Rattlesnake” & “Beginnes Beware”! 😳
Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.
ChiefGunner is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brittct's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 199
Garage
I agree guys, I want to make sure everyone has a good time and doesn't feel uncomfortable on any of the rides. I think that the smokies and the skyway has better views than the Parkway, the Parkway may also be quite busy on a Friday or Saturday. May I also suggest if we have some people wanting to do different rides, we can split up into 2 groups or more. There are tons of options when it comes to routes. The route that I think hits the most high points is the one that hits Fontana dam and lake as well as the dragon and the skyway. Its highways 19->28->129->360->28->74. Really excited about the trip, gonna be the first long one on my new bike! Can't wait to meet everyone as well.
Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live

Last edited by brittct; 08-10-2018 at 05:23 PM.
brittct is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 05:24 PM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,693
Garage
So glad youíre going to make the trip Britt.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brittct and nurtaeff like this.
Keith Post is online now  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittct View Post
I agree guys, I want to make sure everyone has a good time and doesn't feel uncomfortable on any of the rides. I think that the smokies and the skyway has better views than the Parkway, the Parkway may also be quite busy on a Friday or Saturday. May I also suggest if we have some people wanting to do different rides, we can split up into 2 groups or more. There are tons of options when it comes to routes. The route that I think hits the most high points is the one that hits Fontana dam and lake as well as the dragon and the skyway. Its highways 19->28->129->360->28->74. Really excited about the trip, gonna be the first long one on my new bike! Can't wait to meet everyone as well.


I vote for better views! Thanks for researching it! But I prefer if we stay as one group since itís our first ever meeting. Plus, our group is not that big to split... just my .02


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
brittct likes this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 07:56 AM
Senior Member
 
ChiefGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Rockwell, NC.
Posts: 1,696
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittct View Post
I agree guys, I want to make sure everyone has a good time and doesn't feel uncomfortable on any of the rides. I think that the smokies and the skyway has better views than the Parkway, the Parkway may also be quite busy on a Friday or Saturday. May I also suggest if we have some people wanting to do different rides, we can split up into 2 groups or more. There are tons of options when it comes to routes. The route that I think hits the most high points is the one that hits Fontana dam and lake as well as the dragon and the skyway. Its highways 19->28->129->360->28->74. Really excited about the trip, gonna be the first long one on my new bike! Can't wait to meet everyone as well.


I vote for better views! Thanks for researching it! But I prefer if we stay as one group since it’s our first ever meeting. Plus, our group is not that big to split... just my .02


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I’m with you in this one Oscar. We want this to be enjoyable for all rider levels particularly at our first meet. And yes, blue ridge & Dragons Tail are VERY busy on weekends! Maybe you and I should go out together in advance and check out some routes?
Keith Post likes this.
ChiefGunner is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Iím with you in this one Oscar. We want this to be enjoyable for all rider levels particularly at our first meet. And yes, blue ridge & Dragons Tail are VERY busy on weekends! Maybe you and I should go out together in advance and check out some routes?
Hmmm... Interesting idea. I need to see if I can cut some time off out of my schedule. Brittct, wanna go?
Keith Post likes this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brittct's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheboro, NC
Posts: 199
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
Hmmm... Interesting idea. I need to see if I can cut some time off out of my schedule. Brittct, wanna go?
I probably will not have any open time from now and then...I just came back from a 1500 miles trip and I rode all these routes and hit GA, TN, SC, and KY. From doing research for that trip I can pretty much tell you about each route. But my opinion on difficulty and views may be different from someone else. I know everyone wants to get something different out of the trip. Some want to do the dragon, some want great views, other just want to ride. I think we can figure out routes that Thursday night once we have everyone's input.
Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
brittct is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Senior Member
 
nurtaeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Whitsett, NC
Posts: 897
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittct View Post
I probably will not have any open time from now and then...I just came back from a 1500 miles trip and I rode all these routes and hit GA, TN, SC, and KY. From doing research for that trip I can pretty much tell you about each route. But my opinion on difficulty and views may be different from someone else. I know everyone wants to get something different out of the trip. Some want to do the dragon, some want great views, other just want to ride. I think we can figure out routes that Thursday night once we have everyone's input.


My suggestion is staying together on Friday, ride as one group and have a party at the hotel after we come back. On Saturday everyone is free to ride anywhere they want, make smaller groups, individual rides, etc.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keith Post and brittct like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
nurtaeff is online now  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Moderator
 
Keith Post's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,693
Garage
I think thatís a good point nurtaeff. I was going to suggest Thursday night that after the tour of wheels through time on Friday, those who feel confident enough to ride the dragons tail should go as the word is the weekends are the worst time to ride it. Those who arenít that confident would be less intimidated maybe riding it together on Friday and do individual rides on Saturday. Just a thought, but Iím up for doing what the majority wants to do and we keep it as simple as possible. Maybe those whoíve ridden the dragons tail like GArider could give their input.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nurtaeff likes this.
Keith Post is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome