2018 Meet up schedule - Page 3 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
.Really like that idea Oscar. The dragon is going to be very busy on a Saturday! I do not think the dragon is very difficult if your smart and are not trying to break any speed records. The thing that messes people up is there are sport bikes zipping through there and your instinct is to drive faster. They will pass you and ride beside you so you got to be on your toes. Some great views from the dragon but it really isn't bad if you take your time.
Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittct View Post
.Really like that idea Oscar. The dragon is going to be very busy on a Saturday! I do not think the dragon is very difficult if your smart and are not trying to break any speed records. The thing that messes people up is there are sport bikes zipping through there and your instinct is to drive faster. They will pass you and ride beside you so you got to be on your toes. Some great views from the dragon but it really isn't bad if you take your time.

We all get together Thursday and decide. Letís keep it ďdemocraticĒ lol. When I say ďdemocraticĒ I mean what it should really be, not what it turned into these days lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keith Post likes this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 08:49 PM

Garage
I here ya my friend! Everyoneís input is important and weíre all adults and our inaugural event. We can plan out the days activities and weíre going to have a blast! I think itíd be fun to find out where the good restaurants are and enjoy dinner together, just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
I think thatís a good point nurtaeff. I was going to suggest Thursday night that after the tour of wheels through time on Friday, those who feel confident enough to ride the dragons tail should go as the word is the weekends are the worst time to ride it. Those who arenít that confident would be less intimidated maybe riding it together on Friday and do individual rides on Saturday. Just a thought, but Iím up for doing what the majority wants to do and we keep it as simple as possible. Maybe those whoíve ridden the dragons tail like GArider could give their input.

KP sorry just finding this thread. I have a lot of input. First if anyone wants to do the tail it is actually better when busy it keeps the speed down and there are a lot of police out there to keep the speeders down and the crazy riders. Even in my video you can see the number of times we had slowed down for vehicles and slower bikes. There are many pull offs. The only real reason this road is technical is the speed you push it into the turns and the number of turns there are. If you go at your speed and meet at the end there shouldn't be any issues for anyone that can ride. There are a few side roads but this is a one ride from deals gap to the overlook pull off. If the end meet up is made everyone should be good if someone that is a better rider should be the sweeper and if you take it back folks could switch positions. There is really no cell coverage so communicating by phone is not an option so helmet communication or CB is the only way. Unless you decide to assume to that the group or part of the group will use the pull offs to rest or catch a breather before continuing. On my very first ride I use the pull off with a few in our group and the best rider out front and he had to turn around and come back to see if we were ok.
I have said this before and it was great advice " don't try to keep up with your riding buddies".
Anyway looks like Friday 21st is Maggie wheels through time museum and Saturday will be the ride to wherever. I too liked the Cherohala Skwy is very nice ride. There are many nice roads in that area check out the motorcycleroads.com site.
Anyway I hope to make it but I won't be able to make it both days so I need to pick a day and meet up with everyone.
Keith Post, brittct and nurtaeff like this.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 09:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARider View Post

Anyway I hope to make it but I won't be able to make it both days so I need to pick a day and meet up with everyone.

Thanks for the input GArider! If you have to pick a day I suggest you pick Friday. I think that will be the most eventful and exciting day. Just my .02

Keith Post and GARider like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 10:49 PM

Garage
I'm not a speed demon. Generally just do the posted speed limit. I have no issues with anyone that wants to ride faster though. Be my guest, I'll catch up with you eventually.

Or if you guys want to split into groups of faster and slower riders I'm good with that too.
Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 06:24 AM

Garage
Yes GARider, thanks for the input. Thatís just what we were looking for. Iíve never ridden the tail and thatís where it helps to get input from someone that has. Iím in agreement with nurtaeff, Friday would probably be the best day to come on by. Thanks again for your input.

nurtaeff likes this.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
Thanks for the input GArider! If you have to pick a day I suggest you pick Friday. I think that will be the most eventful and exciting day. Just my .02

nurtaeff - thanks I would really like to be there on Friday but looks like I can only make Saturday at this point. ☹️
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKnight View Post
I'm not a speed demon. Generally just do the posted speed limit. I have no issues with anyone that wants to ride faster though. Be my guest, I'll catch up with you eventually.

Or if you guys want to split into groups of faster and slower riders I'm good with that too.
Either way there is fun to be had by all. Regardless of riding ability or how fast or slow a rider is the group should stay with the least experienced rider so everyone has the group/team riding experience. Besides it looks good when you have a good group in formation.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Yes GARider, thanks for the input. Thatís just what we were looking for. Iíve never ridden the tail and thatís where it helps to get input from someone that has. Iím in agreement with nurtaeff, Friday would probably be the best day to come on by. Thanks again for your input.

KP - YAW. This is a fun road and I have had the opportunity to ride there many times, it is one of the perks of living close to it. The first time I was nervously cautious and prayed for cops around every turn so I had a reason to keep it in check.
Anyway I would like to meet Friday but I won't be able to and Saturday is best.
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode