Seems that Maggie Valley Rally has been cancelled and may move to different locations. ALL Maggie Valley Rallys Are Cancelled - American V-Twin Rallys
I was thinking about 2 possible time frames for our meeting next year.
Beginning of September or beginning of October when leaves start changing. Let's vote. We also need to choose a location.
As agreed this time we may have to schedule our event for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (as to week days) so people who are coming from afar have a weekend for their trip.
Well Oscar, I’ll give you a “nickel” instead of just my 2 cents.
1. IMHO the place we stayed was just fine and prices were reasonable, the accommodations descent and the Bfast excellent.... just DON’T order a STEAK right BKknight?! Lol!
2. There are literally hundreds MORE stunning roads to explore in that area and we didn’t even scratch the surface. Not to mention a whole lot more eateries to visit.
3. Having a whole group ride one day and splitting off into smaller groups the next day worked well IMHO.
4. The October time frame will be much more stunning BUT, it will be cooler AND those coming from the North May be “iffy” depending on when the first stabs of winter hit up there. I don’t think anything later than the first week of Oct would work.
5. This last rally we only really had 2 days together as a group. What about the possibility of 3? We could schedule a ride to a GROUP activity such as a ZIP LINE or something on one of the days.
Addendum: “Lessons Learned”...
Don’t let Tony lead! He likes touring through neighborhoods and grocery stores! 🤣
Well, there you have it. Maybe that was more of a “dimes” worth than a nickel. 😉