2019 Regional Members Meeting - Southeast - Page 3 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 915Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 07:48 PM

Garage
Weather is a little cooler if it's planned in October, but rain fall average goes down. So to me September or earlier October works. Definitely the Monday thru Thursday would help scheduling for vacation time, can be done all on one week and not having to depart middle of week to middle week. I will plan on coming this year if at all possible. It's basically 1000 miles one way so I'll have to plan extra travel time than most, except the Canadian folks.
Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
Weather is a little cooler if it's planned in October, but rain fall average goes down. So to me September or earlier October works. Definitely the Monday thru Thursday would help scheduling for vacation time, can be done all on one week and not having to depart middle of week to middle week. I will plan on coming this year if at all possible. It's basically 1000 miles one way so I'll have to plan extra travel time than most, except the Canadian folks.

Yep, thatís the plan to do it Monday or Tuesday thru Thursday or Friday, Les. Iím wondering if there are other members living somewhere on your way so you could ďgrabĒ and bring them with you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keith Post likes this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
post #23 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 09:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurtaeff View Post
Yep, that’s the plan to do it Monday or Tuesday thru Thursday or Friday, Les. I’m wondering if there are other members living somewhere on your way so you could “grab” and bring them with you

I'm game to travel with any and all. I'll post my route as we get closer and see if I get any takers. I'm disappointed that not even 1 person voiced interest in wanting to go to the Lone Star Rally. Here is link:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...tar-rally.html
nurtaeff likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
I'm game to travel with any and all. I'll post my route as we get closer and see if I get any takers. I'm disappointed that not even 1 person voiced interest in wanting to go to the Lone Star Rally. Here is link:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...tar-rally.html

Yeah, thatís unfortunate. Iíd come but with my very limited vacation time Iíd be lucky to make it to our fall meeting next year (Iím planning to, but we have few other events including one week trip to Vegas and thatís half of my entire time off). Best of luck, Les. Looking forward to meeting you next year!

Keith Post likes this.

post #25 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 05:49 AM

I can make it anytime....just remember we want to do this BEFORE the leaves fall...makes for slippery roads. The Area up around Little Switzerland has fuel and good roads....Not too far from Boone and other roads like the ones we were on.

We could do the "Bushwacker"..it starts At Black mountain and goes south....lots of places....lots of roads!
T
Keith Post, lesblank and nurtaeff like this.
post #26 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:45 PM

Garage
Just talked to my fellow Canadian Dave and he would prefer if we did the ride a week earlier in 2019. That way on the way home we can explore Virginia, Pennsylvania and other areas and take a week to go back.

On another note. If you didn't come to this event you missed a helluva great time!

Dan
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
post #27 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:05 PM

Garage
I am down for whatever. I think that we should do it around a federal holiday so that most people will have that day off and not have to take a personal day. Tons of roads in TN and NC to explore so I don't think that would be an issue. There are also many roads in GA and WV. Looking to do a WV weekend ride coming soon so I can report back if anyone is interested in going there.
Keith Post likes this.

Appalachian State Student Double Finance Major
2001 Vstar 650 custom
Custom paint
16" apes
Ride to live
post #28 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Well, the only federal holiday I can think of is Labor Day, but that's early September...

post #29 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Labor Day 2019: Monday, Sep 2

Suggested dates: 9/2 - 9/5

post #30 of 567 (permalink) Old 10-26-2018, 06:51 PM

Garage
The idea of planning it around a holiday is a good idea, however for Monica being the store manager she has to be at work on federal holidays.
We can make it there on Tuesday and stay the rest of the week.
Other than that weíre flexible on the dates the majority decides on. Weíre just excited about everyone getting together again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nurtaeff likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode