2019 Regional Members Meeting - Southeast - Page 46 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 787Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #451 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
114 days till our own "rolling thunder" in Smoky mountains! If you see this thread and haven't signed up yet, it's a good time to go to page one, read all the info, dial the number and make your reservation. We need you there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:22 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Hey @nutz4spd, It might be a stupid question... especially since I live in NC about 1.5hrs from you. WHY are you ďtraileringĒ your bikes into this rally? Why not join the rest of the group thatís riding out there together?
Just a thought.
I'm just one of those who over think things (thanks dad, I get it from him). Should something happen to one of the bikes I can just trailer it back home instead of trying to figure out how to get it back 5 hours away. Plus our bikes don't have saddle bags or anything and carrying a sack with a weeks worth of clothing etc would make for an uncomfortable ride. Unless you don't mind me smelling funky and wearing the same clothes everyday. ;-)
Keith Post, lesblank and nurtaeff like this.

Current Bikes:
2018 Indian Chief Classic
2018 Indian Chief Dark Horse

Past Bikes:
2017 Indian Scout
2006 Yamaha Roadliner
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50
post #453 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4spd View Post
Unless you don't mind me smelling funky and wearing the same clothes everyday. ;-)
I'm good with it as long as you stay down wind. 😂😃

Keith Post and nutz4spd like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 AM

Garage
Not a problem nutz4spd! Weíll all be smelling ripe, the blended odors will keep the bugs away, lol. Glad you are coming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lesblank likes this.
post #455 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:19 AM

Garage
@ChiefGunner...now you have my wife questioning about trailering the bikes. She says she's fine either way but you know how that'll turn out. "My back is sore." "I'm tired." lol
lesblank likes this.

Current Bikes:
2018 Indian Chief Classic
2018 Indian Chief Dark Horse

Past Bikes:
2017 Indian Scout
2006 Yamaha Roadliner
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50
post #456 of 504 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 07:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutz4spd View Post
@ChiefGunner...now you have my wife questioning about trailering the bikes. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG] She says she's fine either way but you know how that'll turn out. "My back is sore." "I'm tired." lol
Don’t know what you’re talking about @nutz4spd, my wife falls asleep on the back of mine!😁
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
post #457 of 504 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Bump to the top!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keith Post likes this.

post #458 of 504 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:56 AM

Garage
Whatís up Members!!
Just turned over into June!!
Another week closer to our rally, címon and get those reservations in, I promise you wonít regret it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #459 of 504 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:38 PM

Garage
Let's talk a little more about daily activities. I'm the type who likes to plan, or at least have a general idea of options. I know y'all say I'm over thinking this. But I've been in transportation logistics for a while and it's just the way I am. So please bear with me.

Sunday, arrival day. Check in says 4pm. I'll be driving in from Fort Mill. Anyone from the Charlotte area driving in on Sunday, want to meet up and ride together. Anyone getting there early to socialize or go for a quick ride? Sunday dinner together?

Monday, meet for breakfast? About what time? Wheels of Time in the AM? Lunch together? Short ride in the afternoon? Do we bowl that night?

Tuesday, Mount Mitchell ride. That appears to be almost a full day trip with picture stops and lunch. Maybe do ice cream that night.

Wednesday, Ideas that have been mentioned, Copperhead Loop, Dragon Tail, Cherohala Skyway and zip lining? Do we stick together or split into smaller groups?

Thursday, breakfast together, short ride?

I understand that all is up to change. But how about we discuss here rather than waiting till we get there? Or y'all can tell me to shut up and it should be at least a month until my logistics side comes back. 😁
nurtaeff, Yamaha Pat and nutz4spd like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #460 of 504 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Since I might be able to come for only a day or two Iím up for whatever, but certainly wanna come on the day of Mt. Mitchell ride. I suggested a rough plan earlier, but only very few people responded. Since itís nearly impossible to make every single person happy I suggest that Keith, Les, Chief make a plan and present it to the crowd and let every individual decide if they want to join the plan or do something else. When we met last year we stayed as one group when visited Wheels thru time and then the group broke down into smaller groups even though my original plan was to stay together on day 1. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode