Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2019 Regional Members Meeting - Southeast

88K views 806 replies 24 participants last post by  Yamaha Pat 
#1 · (Edited)
Ladies and gentlemen,

Our first forum members meeting "2018 Yamaha Meet and Greet" was a success (at least, Keith and I agreed on that). Let's plan to make it better in 2019!

Meeting details:

1. Dates are Sep 15-19 (Sunday-Thursday) 2019, I suggest we meet at the Hotel upon everybody's arrival. Or meeting at Wheels Thru Time again (date/time to be confirmed)

2. We have a block of 15 rooms reserved at Waynesville Golf and Spa resort under "Yamaha Meet and Greet". 12 rooms with King/Queen size beds, 3 rooms with double beds. Rate is $105 a night with breakfast included. Please, call the number below and confirm your room reservation.

Waynesville Golf and Spa phone number: 828 456 3551 (ask for Rita).

Please, share/respond. Forum members and their friends from everywhere are welcome even though it is called "regional". Also, it does not matter what you ride.

Please, do not forget to vote for the length of our meeting here: Yamaha Meet and Greet length of the meeting

Thank you!

List of participants

Please, indicate if you're going to make it, not or it is to be confirmed (TBC). Green color - those who have confirmed.

List of attendees:

Keith Post - coming
Lesblank - COMING! :)
Les’s wife Carla- COMING!
PI.GIRL - coming
Toymaker - coming
Digger - coming
Crazy Canadian Dave - coming
ChiefGunner - coming
ChiefGunner's wife - coming
Darksider + Susie - coming
Nurtaeff - to be confirmed
Nurtaeff's wife - to be confirmed
Nurtaeff's friend Tim - to be confirmed
Nurtaeff's friend Catherine - to be confirmed
Brittct - to be confirmed
Brittct's girlfriend - to be confirmed
Brittct's dad - to be confirmed
Spetro - coming
Crossbowme - coming
Cliffieg - definite maybe :)

See less See more
#2 ·
AWESOME! Great idea Oscar
Already looking forward to next year. That is UNLESS a different nearby region decides to hold a rally. What a great idea that would be eh? Heck, we had a couple guys come down from Ontario Canada for this one, why not ride a few states over to support a different regions get together.

#5 ·
Reactions: nurtaeff
#7 ·
I'm trying to set up a one day day event down here. So far no takers. Here's the link.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/68-u-s-south-central-ok-ar-la-tx/114434-lone-star-rally.html

Les, we can help to keep it promoted. It just needs to stay visible to people. I doubt many people check regional discussion threads. That’s what we did with our thread - tried to keep it at the top as much as possible and finally annoyed people so bad they decided to come! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Seems that Maggie Valley Rally has been cancelled and may move to different locations. ALL Maggie Valley Rallys Are Cancelled - American V-Twin Rallys

I was thinking about 2 possible time frames for our meeting next year.

Beginning of September or beginning of October when leaves start changing. Let's vote. We also need to choose a location.

As agreed this time we may have to schedule our event for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (as to week days) so people who are coming from afar have a weekend for their trip.

#11 · (Edited)
Well Oscar, I’ll give you a “nickel” instead of just my 2 cents.
1. IMHO the place we stayed was just fine and prices were reasonable, the accommodations descent and the Bfast excellent.... just DON’T order a STEAK right BKknight?! Lol!
2. There are literally hundreds MORE stunning roads to explore in that area and we didn’t even scratch the surface. Not to mention a whole lot more eateries to visit.
3. Having a whole group ride one day and splitting off into smaller groups the next day worked well IMHO.
4. The October time frame will be much more stunning BUT, it will be cooler AND those coming from the North May be “iffy” depending on when the first stabs of winter hit up there. I don’t think anything later than the first week of Oct would work.
5. This last rally we only really had 2 days together as a group. What about the possibility of 3? We could schedule a ride to a GROUP activity such as a ZIP LINE or something on one of the days.

Addendum: “Lessons Learned”...
Don’t let Tony lead! He likes touring through neighborhoods and grocery stores! ?

Well, there you have it. Maybe that was more of a “dimes” worth than a nickel. ?

#12 ·
I will second the Monday thru Wednesday or Tuesday thru Thursday. It give a few days to get there and a few days to get back all in the same week, easier vacation scheduling. I've Googled the roads up there and seems you could ride for ever on beautiful roads without going on the same ones. Y'all come up with a plan and I will follow!

#16 ·
Well guys, I will admit I love the area we were in. LOTS of roads...if you grabbed the map from wheels through time, you'll see there are HUNDREDS of roads we can ride. On the hellbender there are several little motels/camping places...that way those who want to ride the dragon are relatively close, plus Robbinsville has a few decent ones as well...just my 2 pennies...

Toymaker

#17 ·
Hey guys!
Been away at school in Nashville so I haven’t had much time to be here. I definitely agree with the Tuesday through Thursday allowing travel time giving folks from other regions to come. I also agree with the time frame of early October when it’s still fairly warm, but with the fall foliage in view . I saw where there’s a ton of roads we can still explore and at least we add another day to ride them and to do other stuff like the zip line, etc. We’re game for what the majority wants and I do agree where we stayed last month was reasonably priced and accommodating, just my ‘nickels worth’, though, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
The weather here in Ontario this week is anywhere from 50 to 68 degrees but cools down at night to the mid 40's. Any time up to the end of the 1st week in October is fine for us. Also had no issues with the Waynesville Inn, thought it was reasonable and food was good (except the steak) lol!

Like all the ideas put out there so far. We saw so few roads that there's plenty more to ride in the area.

Dan

#21 ·
Weather is a little cooler if it's planned in October, but rain fall average goes down. So to me September or earlier October works. Definitely the Monday thru Thursday would help scheduling for vacation time, can be done all on one week and not having to depart middle of week to middle week. I will plan on coming this year if at all possible. It's basically 1000 miles one way so I'll have to plan extra travel time than most, except the Canadian folks.

#22 ·
Weather is a little cooler if it's planned in October, but rain fall average goes down. So to me September or earlier October works. Definitely the Monday thru Thursday would help scheduling for vacation time, can be done all on one week and not having to depart middle of week to middle week. I will plan on coming this year if at all possible. It's basically 1000 miles one way so I'll have to plan extra travel time than most, except the Canadian folks.

Yep, that’s the plan to do it Monday or Tuesday thru Thursday or Friday, Les. I’m wondering if there are other members living somewhere on your way so you could “grab” and bring them with you [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#25 ·
I can make it anytime....just remember we want to do this BEFORE the leaves fall...makes for slippery roads. The Area up around Little Switzerland has fuel and good roads....Not too far from Boone and other roads like the ones we were on.

We could do the "Bushwacker"..it starts At Black mountain and goes south....lots of places....lots of roads! :)
T

#27 ·
I am down for whatever. I think that we should do it around a federal holiday so that most people will have that day off and not have to take a personal day. Tons of roads in TN and NC to explore so I don't think that would be an issue. There are also many roads in GA and WV. Looking to do a WV weekend ride coming soon so I can report back if anyone is interested in going there.

Reactions: Keith Post
#30 ·
The idea of planning it around a holiday is a good idea, however for Monica being the store manager she has to be at work on federal holidays.
We can make it there on Tuesday and stay the rest of the week.
Other than that we’re flexible on the dates the majority decides on. We’re just excited about everyone getting together again!

#32 ·
Ok, here’s a vote for the week of 09/02 thru 09/06 with that Friday being an optional travel day for those in attendance. That gives the attendees sat-sun to travel safely home and it gives our Canadian attendees good weather to travel more destinations after our rally.
Tell us whatcha think [emoji4][emoji6]

#33 · (Edited)
I agree working around a holiday...either that or closer to summer for me.. Since I teach school...june and july are best for me...but I can always take a few in september...I mean...I need those "mental health days" when dealing with 12 year olds.

T

#34 ·
I need those "mental health days" when dealing with 12 year olds.
Does that mean I have to act my age when I come and not my mental state?

#40 ·
Doesn't matter to me..either is fine...I liked the Waynesville one...Haven't stayed in Little Switzerland...but willing to try it!!!!

T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.