Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2020 Regional Members Meeting - Southeast

34K views 519 replies 22 participants last post by  Digger 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I got so jealous I couldn’t wait no more to begin planning our 2020 adventure! [emoji3]

Now back to serious.

Dates: September 13 thru 18. The idea behind avoiding the Labor day week is heavy traffic that might be a problem for those who has to travel long distance.

Lodge: Waynesville Golf and Spa resort. Refer to "2020 Yamaha Meet and Greet" event when placing your room reservation. Number of rooms: 8 currently, number will be expanded. Rate is $105 a night. Please, call and reserve your room at 828 456 3551, ask for Rita or Michelle

Itinerary to be discussed. Rides, activities, meetings, etc.

First meeting will probably be the hotel or Wheels Thru Time museum. Or any other place, any ideas are welcome.

As usual let’s try to keep this thread in recent discussions as much as possible so others can see it.

It’s a lot of fun and we need more people. You won’t regret a bit if you decide to join our group, I promise.

Please, actively participate, bring ideas and suggestions. We have members coming from Canada and Texas as well as potential attendees from the West Coast!

I’d like to thank all members who attend and promote this, it wouldn’t be possible without y’all (a little taste of southern accent I’ve been working on lol)

List of attendees:

Keith
Monica
Keith’s nephew
Keith’s nephew’s wife
Monica’s future daughter-in-law :)
Monica’s oldest
Toymaker
YamahaPat (after a couple of stops on his way down)
GARider
Chiefgunner
Michelle
NorthernRider
NorthernRider’s friend
Digger
CrazyCanadian (Dave)
Oscar (Nurtaeff)
Oxana (Nurtaeff's wife)
Tim (Nurtaeff's friend)
Catherine (Nurtaeff's friend)
BrittCt
Bucfan11
Bucfan11’s bride Paige
Les
CARLA - Les’s BOSS
David Johnson

Legend:
Green - attending
Blue - interested
Les! Will do everything and beyond to make it! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Awesome! Hopefully they all come next year. I'm gonna start putting the proposed plan together. As usual, dates, rides, meeting points. I'm assuming Waynesville golf and spa was good enough this time so we can make it our permanent lodge?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

#5 ·
The consensus was to keep it in Waynesville because of the close proximity to all of the ride locations that people want to be a part of. They have been gracious to us and I think that’s a plus for us.
Also the itinerary that Les put together kept us on track and we were able to visit the most of the places we wanted to ride. All in all, we don’t need to make it complicated, especially for the new attendees, yet having some sort of format or guideline helped considerably. Just my .02 cents worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 ·
We were pleased to have Les and Carla participate in this years rally for a whole host of reasons. We also were glad to have our Canadian friends, Dave and Dan there. Rob came all the way from Tampa, he has a beautiful SVTC and we enjoyed his company. Everyone that participated has something to offer, and we couldn’t have had a better time and better weather.
I strongly encourage those of you that haven’t attended to try to make the 2020 rally, you won’t regret it. Can’t wait to see everyone there whether it’s your first time, or third.
Thanks to all that participated, helped organize and made rides. We had a blast and want to share it all of you in 2020!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I, for one, had a GREAT and WONDERFUL time in the BEAUTIFUL mountains of NC. Spending time with my handsome husband and all of the people that came to this years rally....
all in all I can't wait to see you all and praying for more of the forum members to make the ride to the mountains to join us in all the fun next year...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#17 ·
We should certainly have definite dates by January, but again that requires an active participation in discussions. Hope everybody chimes in and share their ideas.

Northernrider, if you will be able to make it down here next year you will be back in 2021 and further I promise!

#24 ·
NorthernRider, believe me, they made me sit in corner, beg to park next to them, plead to ride with them, told to bring up the rear, made to wipe their bikes down every morning. Other than that they made me feel welcome. :)

#27 ·
Yes everyone, my bike bottomed out on a rough North Carolina road on the way there and took out my tail and turn signal wires. All I had was brake lights. Unfortunately the rear tire will have to come off to fix it and we were not equipped to do that. The bike was fine till them. :)

#33 ·
Les, I’ll try hard to make it next year so you won’t be alone in that corner lol. But I can tell the only reason they put us in that corner will be smoking their bikes and leave them in the dust lol. Now let’s wait for long sarcastic response from Tony [emoji38]

#43 ·
Dang it! I hate we had to miss this years ride. Now that the wife is working again, maybe we can make it next year. *sigh*...gotta wait a whole year now. On a side note, if anyone is in or near the Raleigh area and want to get together look us up.

#50 ·
It's a long shot for me to make it. But I think I can get two weeks off and have been doing some research. 2575 mi 36 hours is what maps says. I think 4 days each way leave on Weds. arrive on Sat. or Sun. Leave Fri. get back on Mon. 2 days off until work on Thurs. I don't own a cell phone so I would have to plan ahead and reserve rooms before I leave. I was thinking Sacramento to Kingman, Az. Kingman to Amarillo, Tx. Amarillo to Memphis, Tn. and Memphis to Waynesville. Just thinking out loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.