Motorcycle vacation help... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Motorcycle vacation help...

Hello all! Have a quick question for those in the Tennessee/ North Carolina area around The Dragon...or even those that may go there regularly. My husband and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next year, and we want to go back to that area to celebrate, on the motorcycle of course! What are some recommendations that you may have for hotel/ cabins in the area? We stayed in Alcoa, near the Knoxville airport a few years ago, and it wasn't bad at all...but I know there are other, better places to stay out there. Maybe even places that have getaway packages, if anyone knows of any. Looking at going July 17-23. Ready to go back now, don't want to wait till next year! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 08:41 AM

Check Fontana Village. It is a short ride to Deals Gap, aka The Dragon. It isn't a long ride to the Cherohala Skyway. It is a resort with lots of amenities and may fit the bill for an anniversary trip. Not far to Robbinsville if you need something.

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 08:52 PM

Garage
Hi, I'm familiar with the Timber Tops luxury cabin rentals in that area. Stayed there a number of years ago. It's all in the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, and not far from Dollywood and the Dragon tail. Their number is 1-800-266-1066, or www.YourCabin.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode