Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New member to this forum

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Keith Post 
#1 ·
Hello all

I just found this forum and am new (kinda) new to motorcycles and forums.

I bought a 2001 VMax at the beginning of August and have had a blast riding it. I have clocked 2500 miles on it over the past few months.

This is the third Yamaha motorcycle that I have ever owned. First being a Seca II then a Virago 750.

The VMax has always been my dream bike, and I am glad that I rode smaller, lighter bikes to start. The VMax commands a serious degree of respect from the rider, but then delivers an amazing amount of fun!

Cheers from Upstate NY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, many great people on here to help if you need anything for your awesome ride.

The vmax is one hot bike for straight on drag racing. L raiser.

It set the tone for big inch metric hotrod bikes and others followed the Vmax's lead. None really match the sheer power of this bike.

Suzuki's M109R is a distant second

Send some pics of your beast we sure want something to drool over.

why not a period correct Vmax :smile:

#8 ·
Look at it as kind of like a truck driver. He can do what he wants to and we just get out of the way.

On the other hand the forum would not be the same without him.

Trust me we need this guys input. :smile:

#11 ·
Another paid spokes person in this mag wheeled world, After you get your knifes you can practice your Edwards scissor hands impersonation.

Or just join the Circus. :)

#13 ·
Very true Keith , It's the subject turning on the wheel whilst throwing thou blades that makes for a seasoned circus act.

Ha Haa Haaaaaaa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.