Stoked! Southern Indiana Trip - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Stoked! Southern Indiana Trip

What a long, long cold winter this has been. But I think my patience is about to pay off! I normally have to work in the northern counties near Michigan, but later this week, I get to travel down by the Indiana/Kentucky border for two days, and I get to do it on my bike!!!! I will be staying at Santa's Lodge, and I plan on heading out after work for a scenic trip down 245, then head east on 66, up to 62, and make a loop back around to Santa Claus on 231. I have been looking forward to this trip for about 4 years, and it looks like the weather may cooperate! Yeah, I know it's no tail of the dragon, but when you live in the flatlands, you take what you can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:04 PM

Be VERY careful...Indiana roads haven't faired very well after the winter we've had here. Giant potholes are everywhere, especially near the city. We were down near Bloomington this past weekend, and the roads down there weren't to bad. A couple of days ago in the city, a Marion County Sheriff (off duty) passed away, after the motorcycle he was riding hit a pothole and flipped, landing on him. We hit a huge one ourselves, mapping a route for an upcoming ride...husband swerved to miss one, and hit an even bigger one. Don't know how the husband managed it, but he kept us upright, with no damage to the bike. Hope you have great weather for your trip!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2014, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the heads up. I live in the north-central part of the state, and we have some massive craters around here too. The big holes don't scare me as much as the ones that are just a bit bigger than the tires. They are hard to see coming. I just rode from Lafayette to Indy last Saturday and saw some nasty ones. I hit a spot that was so rough that it knocked my gps off and hurt my spine!! What do we pay taxes for????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode