Is there no longer anyone in Colorado? last post was 2013! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 4 Post By RonK
  • 2 Post By 65cabriolet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Is there no longer anyone in Colorado? last post was 2013!

Just wondering as I live just north of Denver and was looking for some locals...

edit: sorry 2017!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 07:37 PM

Garage
I'm with you on lack of regional activities. The regional sections are not used that much. The Southeast folks are working on their second meet and greet after a fantastic first one last year. The South Central get a little attention. I try to set up rides, without much success. Then the West people have gone on a few rides. The best way to get interest is to post an idea of a ride and see if you get any takers. If you get any interest then fine tune the ride. I get discouraged but still post a ride idea a couple times a year. What's disappointing is there are multiple forum members in the greater Houston area and yet to have any takers. I'm working on one on that thread now so maybe that will change.
JonMaz2112 and 65cabriolet like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Location: Western Colorado (Grand Junction) summers, Wickenburg, AZ winters.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65cabriolet View Post
Just wondering as I live just north of Denver and was looking for some locals...

edit: sorry 2017!
--

I occasionally post. I do live in Colorado half the year. I even ride here. I just rode 256.7 miles today. But for me to go for 250 miles one way to the other side of those pesky hills in the center of the state just to be able to either ride out to Punkin Center just won't do it. I could ride up in the mountains from the Front Range, but I can ride in them from here on the western slope.

The thing is, many bikers just as soon ride alone as ride with others. Everybody has a different schedule. Many "groupies" just want to ride somewhere to eat lunch. I don't go for rides so I can eat lunch and then hurry back home. Another group here meets for breakfast at Golden Corral, then ride for two hours and go home. One group meets for a monthly ride, but they go like heck and never stop to enjoy the scenery and want to see how fast they can take corners. That's not my style either. They do meet at Sonic several times per month to talk about vintage bikes, but I'm old and my bike's not, so I don't fit in with the conversation on where to get the best old time carburetor in good shape.

I used to lead twice monthly rides down in Arizona. At first there were over twenty of us. But then the interest faded and I spent way too much time planning the rides and calling everybody until it just wasn't fun any more.

I've got two neighbors two doors down that I've talked to, but they never want to go anywhere.

I guess I don't know the answer. I suppose if I were going to try something else, it might be to try to work through some dealer with a flyer on display.

--

--

--
2018 Star Eluder GT
2000 Road Star
--
How will I know when I get there if I don't know where I'm going?
--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That makes me sad, I just love to ride, I don't care how old you are or what bike you have (I like all bikes). I ride whenever weather permits... with whoever wants to go. Maybe I'm just remembering a different time when it was get out there and go, see what's around the next bend or over the next hill. That's what I believe riding is about, the camaraderie and exploration of the world around us; its the closest thing to flying without leaving the ground.

Ah well, I'll keep tilting at windmills I guess...
lesblank and JonMaz2112 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode