Houston area riders - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 4 Post By raulgarzajr.1311
  • 2 Post By lesblank
  • 4 Post By lesblank
  • 2 Post By lesblank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2017, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Houston area riders

The LoneStar rally is coming up soon, Nov 2 to 5.

Web site:

Lone Star Rally

The wife and I always go on Sunday. Maybe the Houston area riders would like meet up and ride together. Normally we leave the Katy area, go down Highway 6 thru Alvin then Galveston. Spend morning on the seawall, eat lunch, then go to the Strand. Head home via 45. We can figure out route, stops and agenda if anyone is interested. Check out the Web site for event info. Yes it's about 99% Harley related but still very cool. About any vendor you see on line is there, JP Cycles, Hot Leather, Mustang Seats, etc. If we have multiple people from different parts of town we can find a centralized spot to meet. Anyone interested?

Last year, 2016

Year before, 2015

Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home

Last edited by lesblank; 10-09-2017 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Photo issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Does anyone plan on going to the Rally? If you don't want to ride together maybe we could plan a quick meeting spot. I would like enjoy meeting fellow posters and seeing your ride.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 11:35 PM

Me me me! As of now I will be going Sat but you never know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Raul, if my plans change I'll let you know and maybe we can meet up.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Just saw this, Yamaha test drives at Lone Star Rally.

https://www.facebook.com/events/739754399556931/?ti=cl

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
The weather cleared in Houston. I got off work tomorrow and going to the Yamaha test drive at the Lone Star Rally. I'm hoping being the first day it will not be all that busy, plan to ride several different models. I'll post results within the next few days. Wife and I still going Sunday if anyone interested in joining us.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
A quick update on the Lone Star Rally. I went on Thursday, great weather and huge turnout for first day. They say record attendance everyday. The Houston area was hit hard with the hurricane and everyone needed a break. Galveston was prepared for us with open arms. I saw a few Vstars but not many. Vendors were great. Hot Leathers was there and was window shopping at jackets to replace my 20 year old leather jacket. The sales rep came up and stated the jacket I was looking at had a defect and would work with me on price. I looked all over the jacket and couldn't find anything wrong. It was beyond my budget anyway. So I asked him what was the defect. He said he just noticed it didn't have the leather zipper pulls it was suppose to. I had looked at there web site real quick and confirmed price at $329 for this USA made jacket. So I asked him what would he sell it for. He said make an offer. So I came back and said since it's a defect should be about the same price that the import jackets they sell, $99. He said that was a little too low. So I joke and said ok, $100. He laughed and said let me check with the boss, he called the boss over, got a frown, then an ok. I took out the money, paid, and left pretty quickly. On my way home I stopped by a boot repair shop by my house. $10 later I now have leather pulls on all zippers. Now for the disappointment, Yamaha changed the test drive location and didn't post it anywhere. When I arrived at the previous announced location there were several people there for test rides. One guy was on the phone and found out it was moved to the local dealer about 20 miles away. Needless to say I was disappointed. I decided to hang around on the island at the rally and blow the test drive off. By the way, I found the jacket after deciding to stay. Here's a few pictures:

images from up

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode