Looking for Riding Buddies In Houston and Parts North - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Looking for Riding Buddies In Houston and Parts North

I live in The Woodlands, TX (north of Houston for those not from these here parts). I've got a little over 10,000 miles under my belt in a little over a year. I've taken trips to the 3 Sisters, West Austin Hill Country (Hippie Hollow, Park Rd. 4, etc) Dallas and back home to Lafayette for a nieces graduation recently (I really like road trips). I ride every single weekend unless its raining cats and dogs. Usually to places like Yankee's Tavern and all around Sam Houston National Forest. I often ride Saturday and Sunday on a weekend. Typical day is around 150-200 miles. Always by myself. And I am perfectly happy to do that, BTW. But.....

I don't know anyone that rides and I would love to have some folks to ride with (at least I think I would like it). I'm a middle aged guy that just likes to ride. I travel extensively during the week for work but always home on the weekends and thinking about where I will ride.

If anyone in the Greater Houston area is planning some riding in the coming weekends and wouldn't mind me tagging along, please let me know. If there are a few, then maybe we can do a meet up somewhere. Though I am up near Conroe, I am happy to meet folks down in Houston, Katy, Humble, hell wherever. I'm flexible, don't care what you ride (sport, nekid, cruiser, whatever) and certainly won't slow anyone down (I'm not a maniac either).

Feel free to post it here in this thread or PM me.

2015 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Ivan's ECU Flash
Cobra Slip-on Exhaust
Cobra PowerFlo Intake
Mustang Tour Seat
Clearview Windshield
Various Other Enhancements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

i would recommend checking out meetup.com. there are riding groups all over the country for all different styles of bikes and types of riding and personalities. just search for "motorcycle" and i'm sure you'll find some in your area. it's kind of like facebook groups. you can post a ride you want to do kind of like on a community bulletin board or join someone else's posted ride.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 12:13 PM

Garage
Looks like you have plenty of other riders in the Houston area.

Upcoming events near Houston.
Good luck!

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here’s a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?

Last edited by Highwayman; 05-30-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
i would recommend checking out meetup.com. there are riding groups all over the country for all different styles of bikes and types of riding and personalities. just search for "motorcycle" and i'm sure you'll find some in your area. it's kind of like facebook groups. you can post a ride you want to do kind of like on a community bulletin board or join someone else's posted ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
Looks like you have plenty of other riders in the Houston area.

Upcoming events near Houston.
Good luck!
Thanks Guys. I checked out meetup.com and will look into joining one or more of the clubs.

Ivan's ECU Flash
Cobra Slip-on Exhaust
Cobra PowerFlo Intake
Mustang Tour Seat
Clearview Windshield
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

there are some clubs on there, but it's mostly just loose groups where people can choose to do as little or as much congregating as they want with no obligations.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

I rode with some folks from the Meetup.com. The STAR group. Super nice folks and had a good time. I'll do it again sometime. I will keep an eye on the site as there are a few groups on there that are in my area.

Ivan's ECU Flash
Cobra Slip-on Exhaust
Cobra PowerFlo Intake
Mustang Tour Seat
Clearview Windshield
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode