Lone Star Rally - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 82Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lone Star Rally

The Lone Star Rally is November 1 - 4 this year. I've gone for the past few years. Would like to get a group of us to go together. There are several new members here that have mentioned they would like to hook up and ride together. We can try for something sooner but let's make the Lone Star Rally a big one for us. This could be open for anyone, not just the Houston members. We could do a one day Meet and Greet. Anyone interested?

Lone Star Rally

Here's the route I took last year. I've also gone down Highway 6and it's a more laid back ride and only a little longer. I'm open to any starting point and any route. My wife likes to go so open for all.

Scrumdown likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-22-2018, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If my memory is correct (don't ask my wife, she says I can't remember sh!t) there are at least a dozen people on the forum within a few hours drive of Houston. Let's put together a ride together down to the rally. What day would you be interested in going? It's November 1-4, Thursday - Sunday. We could meet for breakfast, head to rally and dinner. We can see how many are interested and plan there there. I normally go down on Thursday and spend time checking all the vendors out. Then go back down on Saturday or Sunday. I'm open to any day. Even the Austin area people, you are only 3 hours away, Dallas and San Antonio you are four hours away. Want to spend the night, let me know and I'll recommend some local hotels. In my opinion you really might not want to stay in Galveston, I was going to one year and pricing and available were issues. It's a little over an hour ride from the west Houston to Galveston. Anyone interested?
Keith Post likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 05:43 AM
KCW

Garage
I spent a week in Houston two years ago. I wanted to goto Galvenson and the NASA center there, but could not get enough time.

Ive never seen a yamaha Lone Star... Own a V Star and Royal Star, Ive seen the Road Star... but Lone Star must be rare bike in these parts.

Has anyone ever captured a photo of the Lone Star in the wild?
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

Last edited by KCW; 09-23-2018 at 08:00 AM.
post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post

Ive never seen a yamaha Lone Star... Own a V Star and Royal Star, Ive seen the Road Star... but Lone Star must be rare bike in these parts.

Has anyone ever captured a photo of the Lone Star in the wild?
Here's a picture of one, it's the 22 bike on the 3rd row on left next to guy with black T-shirt. You will have to come down here to see one in person. 🤠

ctrider, Keith Post, KCW and 1 others like this.

post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 08:41 PM

Garage
Címon members, help les put this together. I think it sounds like a splendid idea les, keep posting it and they will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lesblank and nurtaeff like this.
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
C’mon members, help les put this together. I think it sounds like a splendid idea les, keep posting it and they will come.

Amen Keith! We had a GREAT time and everybody was already talking about next year. Y’all can do this & it’ll be AWESOME!
Keith Post, lesblank and nurtaeff like this.
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 12:45 PM

Garage
We had really good time together during our Southeast meeting. A couple of guys came all the way down from Canada! I'm encouraging members of south central region to support Les and get your name on the list of attendees! You will have a blast I promise!

Wife: 2018 Sportster Forty Eight Special
Me: 2019 Road King Special
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Has anyone thought about coming. If so what day. Anyone in Austin (bevo) thinking about making the trip down? Dallas (graybeard) come on down. Central Texas (cliffieg) it would be a nice ride. There's a lot of local others that I didn't mention, so speak on up. I know some of you might not like Houston due to traffic, I know every back road so I'll keep you out of most of the traffic, that is until we hit the island then we are sharing the road with thousands of other bikers which is really cool. So, who is even the slightest bit interested?

Keith Post and nurtaeff like this.

Last edited by lesblank; 09-25-2018 at 11:20 AM.
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:53 PM

But but then I would have to come back to Texas. I did basic there it might bring back bad memories. Lol

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode