Dallas, East TX road trip this Saturday to Arkansas Hot Springs - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By AsphaltWarrior
  • 1 Post By AsphaltWarrior
  • 1 Post By graybeard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Dallas, East TX road trip this Saturday to Arkansas Hot Springs

We are doing a Hot Springs day trip starting about 8am Jan 5th ( Sat )headed up Hwy 30 to Arkansas about 4 hrs.

Very laid back riders, like to make stops when other riders need something or just when they feel the need too.

Love site seeing and the calm of the open roads

Looking for like minded riders / couples

As of now we have 4 bikes 2 couples headed out for a fun day and if you are interested then let's add to this trip

If you're busy on this day, drop us a line for future trips and if you're planning a trip maybe we can join your trip as well

Let's ride
graybeard likes this.

AsphaltWarrior
Chris Graham

VSTAR

650V
1100V

ROAD STAR
1700 SILVARADO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:15 AM

Garage
Totally in. Really looking forward to it. Sort of strange to think we'll be on the road in a couple of days while it's raining, near freezing, and snow in the forecast today.

I'm with you on the sightseeing, calm of the open road touring style. Looking forward to meeting everyone and the scenic ride.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Last edited by graybeard; 01-03-2019 at 06:23 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
Totally in. Really looking forward to it. Sort of strange to think we'll be on the road in a couple of days while it's raining, near freezing, and snow in the forecast today.

I'm with you on the sightseeing, calm of the open road touring style. Looking forward to meeting everyone and the scenic ride.
It's going to be 64 leaving out and 62 in ARK so it should be awesome - only in TX right

It should be a great day for sure; still working on our route mapping

AsphaltWarrior
Chris Graham

VSTAR

650V
1100V

ROAD STAR
1700 SILVARADO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 06:43 PM

Garage
If you two are going on a road trip might want to join out January Mileage Challenge.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...challenge.html

Have fun and enjoy y'alls trip.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
If you two are going on a road trip might want to join out January Mileage Challenge.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...challenge.html

Have fun and enjoy y'alls trip.

Thanks, just signed up with mileage

AsphaltWarrior
Chris Graham

VSTAR

650V
1100V

ROAD STAR
1700 SILVARADO
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 06:20 PM

Garage
Did y'all get to make the trip. If you did how was it?

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
Did y'all get to make the trip. If you did how was it?
Yes Sir, it was a lot of fun

Trying to upload some pics
lesblank likes this.

AsphaltWarrior
Chris Graham

VSTAR

650V
1100V

ROAD STAR
1700 SILVARADO
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 07:20 AM

Garage
Dallas to Hot Springs, January 7.

It was a great trip. I clocked 638 miles. I joined AsphaltWarrior, Mrs. AsphaltWarrior, and IndianChris. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Great riding with you. Thanks for the invitation.

Weather was pretty chilly when I hit the road at 7am Saturday but was quite warm as we crossed into arkansas. AsphaltWarrior took us up some very nice roads into Hot Springs. Lakes, ridges, valleys, curves, hardly any traffic. It was sweet. AsphaltWarrior may be able to supply a route map.

After cruising the Hot Springs main drag with all the old historic hotels and baths and such we climbed up the Hot Springs Mountain Tower road. Very tight switchbacks and a beautiful view from the top. Temperature was great for riding. It was a sunny day.

The group was day tripping and needed to get back. They picked a different scenic route back to Texarkana and headed out. I weaseled out of that ride and spent the night in Hot Springs. AsphaltWarrior will have the details for their route and ride back.

A steak, a bourbon, a book, and I was done for the day. The next morning was cold again but clear and bright. Loafed over breakfast and left around 10am. Hwy 7 south out of Hot Springs is quite entertaining. It goes over Lake Hamilton and De Grays Lake.
Like the day before it warmed up nicely once the sun was well up. Talked for awhile with another biker at a rest stop who was out on his new HD. The interstate begins to get crowded and weird as you get closer to Dallas on a Sunday afternoon. Probably weird every day. I notice that the speeds out on the road are still increasing. 80 to 85 with occasional 90s. Things began to slow as the highway congested. No wrecks, no construction delays, almost no LEOs.

Home by 4pm. Great ride. Thanks for the invitation, AsphaltWarrior. Hope we can do it again sometime.
lesblank likes this.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode