Houston area ride - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:25 PM

Garage
I'm in for the Bellville or Fulshear rides.
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Life has kept me busy lately and have had very little riding time except commuting. My wife will be out of town the weekends of August 4 and 11. So I see some an excellent opportunity to get some riding in. I'll be off on both the Sundays and would like to plan a short ride. I'm leaning towards the Bellville loop. We could leave around 9am before it get to hot, eat an early lunch in Belleville, then head back. It is about 2.5 hours ride time round trip, throw lunch and maybe another stop so a total of 4 hours or so. I invite any and all to join me. Definitely bring a passenger if you wish. Either Sunday is good with me. So look at your calendar and see if you are open. I know of 4 of us in the Katy/Cypress area. Can we get together?

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:50 PM

Garage
I'm in. I think the 4th looks better at the moment. My work schedule is a prone to change but I am pretty sure I will be around that weekend. Looking forward to it!
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 08:31 AM

Garage
depending entirely upon the day y'all pick, I might drive down to join in, if I can.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
depending entirely upon the day y'all pick, I might drive down to join in, if I can.
Can you make it on the 4th?

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 01:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
I'll check with the War Dept. and get back to you.

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
The spousal unit has given permission to attend! Whoop!

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Great!!! I'm game for meeting you about half way, then we can team up with blackadder and do our loop. Which way do you think you will be coming down?

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 09:40 PM

Garage
I will either spend Saturday night in Belton or College Station. The map sez Belton to Sugarland will be about 3 hours, College Station a little under 2. So, most likely CS. I can stay with my daughter, get up really early and take 6 to Hempstead, I guess. Or whatever route I need to take to meet up with the pack. I'll meet y'all wherever is most convenient.

I guess I should caveat all that by saying I'll need some decent weather on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in order to do the ride. Goes without saying, I guess, but I'll say it anyway.

I'll stay tuned. Y'all pick your best route and day, I'll do whatever I can to make it down there. Don't plan anything around me. It's y'alls ride. I'm just tagging along -- I hope.

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 09:13 AM

Garage
UPDATE: forecasts are iffy. 20-30% chances of rain Saturday and Sunday. That may change.

Doesn't it shower somewhere in the Houston area just about every summer afternoon? This is probably not a big deal. I'm watching for a change in the forecast and contemplating taking my chances even if nothing changes. It showered on me a couple of times the last time I biked in Houston. It was bit nerve-wracking driving on a wet road along Bissonett in traffic heading for the Cycle Gear store.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode