Texas bikers represent! - Page 3 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 03:34 PM

I'm here in Springtown, Texas(about 25 mi. NW of Ft. Worth). Member of the "Cowtown Motorcycle Group" Great folks and some pretty cool group rides. See ya'll out on the road and god bless!

Patrick, A.K.A. Goalie-1
"My goal, is to deny yours"
1999 RoadStar
Blue L.E.D. Kit
Barons Big Radius Drags
Custom Paint
V&H Long Shots
A few Homemade addons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
No way man. Just cruise around on one of the Vstars. I still have my HJC Carnage helmet but my G/F doesn't have one yet. I ordered a Fly Racing Winners Circle for her but she hasn't gotten it yet. Should be here sometime this coming week. And I don't want to wear a helmet if she doesn't have one and look like a jackass lol! By the time I get a R1 we'll both have helmets.

Yeah I googled the Texas helmet law, it may not be 100% correct but from what I found a Police Officer can't pull you over for only not having a helmet. Because it basically isn't worth it just to check your age and health insurance. It may be wrong but that's what I understood from it.

Edit: Yeah the link you posted says, "The law prohibits a peace officer from stopping or detaining a person who is the operator of or a passenger on a motorcycle for the sole purpose of determining whether the person has successfully completed a motorcycle operator training and safety course or is covered by a motorcycle health insurance plan."

it's probable cause as with anything else that a police car pulls you over. they can't pull you over for suspicion of something unless they see you currently doing something else wrong.

as far as the helmet thing, if i have a passenger on the back and only one helmet between us, i give my helmet to that person because i'm legally responsible for them as long as they are a passenger. it's better for one person to wear a helmet than nobody. but i've only run into that situation once before.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Last edited by bevo1981; 07-04-2012 at 02:28 PM.
post #23 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
it's probable cause as with anything else that a police car pulls you over. they can't pull you over for suspicion of something unless they see you currently doing something else wrong.

as far as the helmet thing, if i have a passenger on the back and only one helmet between us, i give my helmet to that person because i'm legally responsible for them as long as they are a passenger. it's better for one person to wear a helmet that nobody. but i've only run into that situation once before.
Yeah I would do that but my helmet is XL and she wears a Small. It would just flop around on her head and do more bad than good. If there was an accident it wouldn't protect her correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 06:56 PM

Outskirts of Houston on the south side of town. Been without a bike for ten years. This is my fourth scooter, a 2009 Strat. It was brand new with zero miles about 70 days ago. I now have over 6300 miles on her. Be safe guys, God bless you all.
post #25 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

i have a buddy in Houston who is a new rider this year and decided to go with Harley. nobody's perfect

on a steel horse I ride

post #26 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
i have a buddy in Houston who is a new rider this year and decided to go with Harley. nobody's perfect
Posing right off the bat, huh?

I'm kidding, I ain't no basher....If someone wants to pay extra, have it in the shop more, go slower, and buy a trailer....more power to them.

09 Strat (Pheobe) New 4-17-12

When Rapture happens...Hope I'm riding my scooter; From something great, to something AWESOME!

Last edited by Stuntman; 07-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.
post #27 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM

Garage
Brenham/Houston, TX

House is in Brenham, TX.
I work in west Houston which is further than I am currently willing to commute, so I got an apartment near the office.
post #28 of 108 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 PM

Lake Conroe area

Hello,

I live in the Lake Conroe area and frequent Hwy 149 frequently. Surely, somebody else on here enjoys it!
post #29 of 108 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 04:20 PM

Im at Canyon Lake just north of New Braunfels. I think i'm in a pretty great area for riding, just watch the deer!
post #30 of 108 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dq78133 View Post
Im at Canyon Lake just north of New Braunfels. I think i'm in a pretty great area for riding, just watch the deer!
i was just riding around that area a couple weeks ago, from Boerne and back to Austin

on a steel horse I ride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode