Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

My entry for April

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  KCW 
#1 · (Edited)
'98 V-Star 650 Classic with a fresh new look. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Bevo1981 Looks like he took the rear heat shields off.. No Cobra imprint on the upper pipe in the second picture.
They are the same pipes but for some reason the angle of the light doesn't show the imprint on the newer picture? They are really loud ? and I get a lot of compliments on the sound. People always think it's a much bigger bike than it is.

#3 ·
Bevo1981 Looks like he took the rear heat shields off.. No Cobra imprint on the upper pipe in the second picture.

#6 · (Edited)
IMO people get too freaked out by exhaust bluing which doesn't necessarily mean poor jetting, it just means that the pipes get very hot and considering that he lives in Florida I would expect it. It's also amazing how much time and money people spend on removing the discoloration when it's 'unsightliness' is really just a fad much the same as when people paid money to get their pipes blued because of aesthetics... what comes around goes around.

The internet is a wonderful tool to get information and learn new things however it is also a source of misinformation and perpetuating it.
I actually am one of those people that like the blueish tint on the upper part. I think it looks cool lol The part I don't like is the yellow brown color near the middle of the pipes. I have chrome covers that are on their way to take care of that tough ??

#5 · (Edited)
IMO people get too freaked out by exhaust bluing which doesn't necessarily mean poor jetting, it just means that the pipes get very hot and considering that he lives in Florida I would expect it. It's also amazing how much time and money people spend on removing the discoloration when it's 'unsightliness' is really just a fad much the same as when people paid money to get their pipes blued because of aesthetics... what comes around goes around.

The internet is a wonderful tool to get information and learn new things however it is also a source of misinformation and perpetuating it.

#8 ·
Drag pipes are cool for the blueing and the sound but too bad they can't improve the performance side better.
But most people are going for the looks and those pipes blue and all look good on that bike. :)

:nerd:

#9 ·
Drag pipes are cool for the blueing and the sound but too bad they can't improve the performance side better.
But most people are going for the looks and those pipes blue and all look good on that bike. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png
Yea these pipes were actually on it when I bought the bike a year ago and I just liked the sound and look so I left them. I don't expect much more performance out of a 650 which is why I took all the weight off that I could lol and thank you! I think it helps that I went with a dark blue paint under the green glitter

#14 · (Edited)
pop the hood on your car and look at the exhaust manifold... thats why

there are only a few metals that can handle exhaust temps without oxidizing

many show bikes never see an ounce of gasoline

#16 ·
A motorcycle with walnut exhaust pipes and oak mufflers would look pretty cool....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.