Here's my beauty at the Potomac river. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Here's my beauty at the Potomac river.

Year: 2008.
Make/Model: Stratoliner S.
Eng size: Massive.
Modifications: Very few, light bar, crash bars and highway pegs.
Accessories: Temperature gauge.
Length of time to build: Probably took Yamaha about a day.
And the story/inspiration/additional comments: I bought my 2008 Stratoliner S in Pearl White from Clinton Cycles last year. Rode it locally for a week, then started the thousand miles out to Great Lakes, IL to watch my boy graduate Navy boot-camp. Just 5 miles into the ride back, the valve train let go. It seems a lifter collapsed, a rocker broke and with no other way to let the gases out, the head gasket blew.

So, a quick flight home to get my truck and an 1,800 mile round trip to get the bike was quickly done. I was out of the warranty provided by Clinton Cycles, but they said they'd take care of me. I ended up paying $400 towards a $3,500 repair. Clinton Cycles really do stand behind their products. I'd recommend them any day.

I'm just adjusted the valves yesterday. It's done around 2,000 miles since the rebuild and it was sounding a little 'mechanical'. It was good to get in there and poke around. Took me about 6 hours, but in my defense it was my first time in there. Wow! You need the touch of a midwife to get that rear valve cover off.

Personally, I've ridden Triumphs most of my life, I still have a Speedmaster. I'm from England and love the marque. Had a Harley too. Got to say though, of the 50 or 60 bikes I've owned, the Stratoliner is the one I honestly believe I was born to ride.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1077078_10202093297678442_1324498413_o (2).jpg
Views:	2474
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	18985  

Last edited by English; 09-22-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Good looking sled!

Darren Palmer
2006 Roadstar Silverado 1700
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode