My Old Bike. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

My Old Bike.

This is my 1998.
XVS 650A Dragstar Classic 650cc.
Modifications: It has Custom paint, toffee-gold metallic with Pearl White metallic and black and silver pinstriping. Jama Slash Cut exhaust, Beach Bar style Handlebars, Custom Saddle, Chrome edging to fenders and tank.
Accessories: Crash bars, Kuryakin Grips, pegs, brake and gear peddles, antique front fender light, tombestone tailight, airhorns, restored and restudded Willie & Max saddlebags, leather handlebar/fork toolbag.
Length of time to build: 5 Months.
I have always loved cruisers. I bought this bike as a partial restoration after a long time away from bikes, had to do some respraying and thanks to the U.S. I was able to get all the aftermarket pieces needed to finish the bike.

Last edited by Aussielad; 02-28-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Add larger photo's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 06:22 AM

Garage
Thumbs up A-ok

Well Aussielad Your hard work has pad of with one nice Bike
Good job and do post more pic.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

The old bike.

Thanks Farmal.

Haven't been on here for a long time due to family commitments & work but it's a great site and good folks as I found when I first went on. I've certainly been in touch with the States a lot as everything I've bought minus the toolbag (that I picked up in Queensland) is from various parts of your home country. It is hard to pick up accessories in this country but thankfully ebay is there and I can get deliveries within three weeks. I'm not too good at forums though and I tried to make the photo bigger. I should have gotten one of my kids to help as I'm an older bloke in the late 40's and still getting use to online forums. Again thanks for your compliments as a senior member of the site, I'll post some more pics after the next delivery when I'm hoping to pick up some original front fender 'classic' badges from the states. Take care mate, say g'day of Old Banjo for me, I spoke to him a few times before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 07:27 AM

Garage
I don't know your setup but as for mine if I click on your photo it becomes to about 7 1/2 inch X 6 inch. Also with just 100 post you can be a Sr. also
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

My old bike.

Thanks mate, I'm bringing up about the same size, I was hoping to try and make them full size on screen but guess I'll get used to it like everything else with computer applications.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussielad View Post
Haven't been on here for a long time due to family commitments & work
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

kidding.
nice looking ride
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Bevo, I hope to send on a few more pics soon.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 02:40 PM

Great looking bike Aussielad! I like seeing something a little different than the standard black. Don't get me wrong, my 1100 Classic is black but may not be that way in 2012! Great work!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks mate, bikes are so expensive in the country but I picked up the old girl for a good price after finding her in another state. They trucked it down over a 1000klms for a good price with the purchase and I have had ball doing her up. I've just gotten back into bikes after many years and need to get her registered. Had a bit of fun matching the paint as it think it must have been a one off and got it matched after alot of mucking around. She was originally black with red walls on production as I found after some rubbing back. Thanks for the friend ad too.

Last edited by Aussielad; 02-15-2011 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Made a mistake with the quote.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-15-2011, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussielad View Post
This is my 1998.
XVS 650A Dragstar Classic 650cc.
Modifications: It has Custom paint, toffee-gold metallic with Pearl White metallic and black and silver pinstriping. Jama Slash Cut exhaust, Beach Bar style Handlebars, Custom Saddle, Chrome edging to fenders and tank.
Accessories: Crash bars, Kuryakin Grips, pegs, brake and gear peddles, antique front fender light, tombestone tailight, airhorns, restored and restudded Willie & Max saddlebags, leather handlebar/fork toolbag.
Length of time to build: 5 Months.
I have always loved cruisers. I bought this bike as a partial restoration after a long time away from bikes, had to do some respraying and thanks to the U.S. I was able to get all the aftermarket pieces needed to finish the bike.
You chose a solid foundation to build on. Good machines those V-Stars are. Very nice job. Ride it with pride mate, you've earned it!

FS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode