BOTM July voting - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
View Poll Results: BOTM JULY
bassm1 9 37.50%
rij1 12 50.00%
RestoRider00 2 8.33%
whiteout04 0 0%
Two4One 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

BOTM July voting

JULY BIKE OF THE MONTH VOTING IS NOW OPEN

OWNER: bassm1

'11 V-Star 1300T

I installed all the accessories, electronics, and painted it as well.

OWNER: rij1

Year: 2007
Make/Model:Yamaha/Roadliner
Eng size:1900 Possibly a 2100
Modifications:Yamaha Raider rims, 3" Hard Krome Pipes, Floorboards, Passing Lights, Custom seat, Lowered, 1 1/2" Beach bars, Pro One Mirror's and grips, Engine covers.

Length of time to build: 2 yrs
And the story/inspiration/additional comments:
I Have a Yamaha Warrior and needed something for longer smoother rides because my back was giving me problems, So was looking for a year and found this Bike, Bought it from a guy that had it new then he had mental issues and needed to sell it.

OWNER: RestoRider00

2000 650 classic

Custom metal flake paint done by owner > Firethorn orange base coat w/ Eastwoods 2K clear coat, After market hard bags w/ chrome bullets, Custom rear backrest /rack, Cobra drag pipes w/ SS 9" extension /pencil tips.
Billet turn signals, 47 Harley Tail light, Custom tag mount, Highway pegs, Throttle boss , custom after market grips,
Billet OFR kit with braided lines, K&N air filter, RAK Air box mod, PRV 15 side cover mounted stereo, Custom speaker mounts, Helmet speaker connections. Barnett clutch springs, Digital Tach/ hour meter, Bright lime green LED ground effects lighting...

I purchased the bike bone stock (Black Onix) from a guy locally who bought it for his wife and she never rode the bike much. The bike spent much of it's former life in an open barn with animals all around it and was filthy dirty. It had 8300 miles on it in 2007 and when I purchased it > 9100 in 2014. Now has 9880 mi.

OWNER: whiteout04

2004 v star 1100 classic

harley batwing, saddlebags
entire bike body painted completely with- plasti-dip! white with blue metal flake and several coats of clear gloss.

OWNER: Two4One

2002 VStar 1100 Classic

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Last edited by bevo1981; 07-12-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 02:55 AM

Nice bikes..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-24-2015, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

it's a close race. 1 week left to get your votes in!

on a steel horse I ride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Less than 24 hours to go!!!!

on a steel horse I ride

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 08:22 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
I gave it my best shot and netted third. But I was happy to be a part of the challenge . Lots of great bikes and friends voting for the best in the field. Awesome.

Maybe next time....

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2015, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

congratulations to rij1!!

on a steel horse I ride

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 12:04 PM

Garage
Yes, congrats! Competition is getting stiffer all the time. My bikes aren't even close to the monthly entries, lol.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
Keith , I get your drift, I was hoping for more votes based on my bikes 16 year age being a factor. By far oldest in the group.

My son looked at the bike the other day and told me it was damn close
to showroom new. If you had seen where it was and what it looked like when I purchased it you would be floored....

Pics alone do not do this bike justice.

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 07:42 PM

Garage
I think your bike looks awesome, color scheme, mods, etc. I could only imagine how good that paint scheme would look in the sun up close. You should be very proud of the finished product.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Premium Member

Garage
You are spot on. The pics no mater how you try do not capture the metal flake depth that pops in this paint.

All the photos look bland like Solid color scheme. Hold on there partner! No so on this puppy. In the sun it sparkles like a diamond.

Similar to those boat hulls that give off that nice sparkle when it hits the sun just right... Yeah you know what I'm talking about now....

Cool huh...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode