VStar 650 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

VStar 650

Year: 2007
Make/Model: VStar Custom
Eng size:650 cc
Modifications: Raked trees, extended forks, lowered, front wheel swap
Accessories: Bars, risers, grips, mirrors, all lights including frame lights, HardKrome Exhaust, Hypercharger, HD horn, fork bullets, Pegs, rear wheel cover, driveshaft cover, swing arm covers, seat, side mount plate, aftermarket full rear fender-removed front fender, painted or powdered most of the chrome, or accessories that were purchased as chrome.
Length of time to build: Still at work
And the story/inspiration/additional comments:
My story is one of “love at first sight”. I was in the market for a bike, and really had my eye on one from another brand, that was all black. Unfortunately, it was out of my budget at the time. I didn’t give up hope though. I searched day and night, quite literally, for a cheaper alternative. I guess you could say I was slightly impatient. We’ll before long, I found it. The Yamaha Midnight Custom 650 was the bike for me. The price was ideal, allowing me to pay cash for one, and call it all mine! Sadly, there wasn’t one at the local dealer, so I began my tireless search again. At last, about two hours away, a dealer had one still in the crate, but said he could have it ready for me first thing in the morning. Well, guess who was waiting on him when he turned the key, and opened for business the next morning. A couple of signatures later, and I was the proud owner of a 2007 Vstar Custom. After a polite thank you or two, I bid them good bye. As casual as I could manage, I strolled out the door, and took a seat on MY bike for the first time. Our maiden voyage together was over 100s mile taking her back home. From that day forward, I’ve never looked back, and never regretted buying my VStar. It is truly a great bike!

Last edited by jhennly; 01-07-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:48 PM

You deserve it jhennly, sweet bike indeed. ;-)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamess71 View Post
You deserve it jhennly, sweet bike indeed. ;-)
Thanks! BTW, I'm also a James. Does the 71 stand for the year you were born?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhennly View Post
Thanks! BTW, I'm also a James. Does the 71 stand for the year you were born?
You got it. Nice name. ;-)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Well, we have the year in common too. Small world ain't it...Vstars, names, and age, what are the odds of that. Almost forgot forums too
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:48 PM

No way. thats too cool. I guess your in GA? We moved to Raleigh recently, hoping to be able to settle here. My oldest started kindergarten this week. Maybe we'll get to ride together sometime on one of the other forums meets or something. See ya around the forums.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamess71 View Post
No way. thats too cool. I guess your in GA? We moved to Raleigh recently, hoping to be able to settle here. My oldest started kindergarten this week. Maybe we'll get to ride together sometime on one of the other forums meets or something. See ya around the forums.
Yep, Georgia here. My oldest is almost finished, started his Senior year in highschool this week. It would be great to get a ride in someday.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Great looking bike. As you, I also loved my 2009 all black VSTAR and have continued replacing the chrome with black parts. Check out my pix.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Warrior View Post
Great looking bike. As you, I also loved my 2009 all black VSTAR and have continued replacing the chrome with black parts. Check out my pix.
Sweet, love the red trim on the wheels, and the dual lights. I've actually thought about eventually going with a small dual light setup myself.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Hey RW, where'd you get the fender rack? I've been thinking about replacing my pillion with one of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in