2012 BIKE OF THE YEAR voting - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
View Poll Results: BIKE OF THE YEAR 2012
Sick Mick 4 10.53%
z_thunder 5 13.16%
eray 3 7.89%
ValStar 1 2.63%
BIGBOSS 0 0%
Kel 1 2.63%
dbergh 0 0%
jhennly 7 18.42%
peterclark57 3 7.89%
northswede 2 5.26%
Captain Jack 10 26.32%
bassm1 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

2012 BIKE OF THE YEAR voting

YOU ARE VOTING ON StarBikeForums 2012 BIKE OF THE YEAR

let's find out your favorite from this past year! you are voting from all the past monthly winners of 2012.

OWNER: Sick Mick

As It Sits Today - - Custom Paint and Striping by Johnny Vegas At Hi Speed Customs,Tucson, AZ – PCS 6* Raked Tree – Hard Krome Sideburner Pipes - Hand Built Front Fender – Modified Classic Rear Fender - Progressive Front Springs – Adjure Black Dot Tri Bar Headlight In Harley Fatboy Powder Coated Housing – Coke Bottle Grips – 12” Custom Apes – Harley Single Throttle Control – Handlebar Control Boxes removed – AIS Removed – “Silent” Pods With 157.5 Mains 20.0 Pilots – Metric Magic PMS “Thumb Screws” – Jet Holders Ground – SickBoy Fuel Solenoid Delete (“SSD” Kit) - Choke Conversion - Metric Magic Oil Pressure Gauge – Phat ORK – Turn Signals Removed - Tail Light Removed – Kuryakyn Vertical Side Plate Mount – Kuryakyn Phantom Chrome Axle Covers – Metric Magic Modified Stock Seat - Hidden Start Switch – Relocated Kill Switch – Clutch Lever Switch Removed – Kick Stand Switch Removed – Horn Removed - Front Brake Switch Relocated With Pressure Switch – Rear Brake Switch Bracket Removed And Replaced With Pressure Switch – Rear Brake Reservoir Relocated - Link Lowered 2” - Rear Fender Cover By Norm's Custom Leather Works – Demons Cycle “Z” Mirrors – Kuryakyn Spoon Levers - Chilowee Leather Grip Covers – Cables/Hoses From Metric Magic – Stock Classic Risers – Right Rotor/Caliper Removed – Painted Lower Forks – Custom Aluminum Drive Shaft Cover – Relocated Helmet Lock – Rear Caliper Cover By AdChrome – Classic Side covers – Star Parts Key - Real Motorcycle Tires

OWNER: z_thunder

My 2003 1100 V Star Classic Customized
After her transformation...She's now The Low Star

OWNER: eray

08 raven raider 14,000 miles, sumo-x 300mm fat tire kit, morton turned down exhaust, power commander 3, drag bars,stealth air kit, custom signals, custom side covers, lots of extras

OWNER: ValStar

2000 XVS1100 Custom

OWNER: BIGBOSS

My 2003 custom 1100

I dont like the shiney and clean I like them Black and Mean
BLACKED OUT

OWNER: Kel

Year:2009
Make/Model: V Star
Eng size:950
Modifications: Custom paint job (candy burgundy and art) Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes, headlight modulator
Accessories: Kuryakyn ISO Grips (black), Kuryakyn Throttle Boss (also black), Mustang Seat (passenger not installed yet)
Length of time to build: Purchased in October of 2012, ordered the paint job in December, first ride was on 8 May 2012

And the story/inspiration/additional comments: When I was twelve I was introduced to a barbed wire fence by a little 120cc mini bike. It not only hurt like hell (I still have the scars 16 years later) but it scared me away from bikes ever since. I hate being afraid of things, so I finally bought this bike. Needless to say I had no idea how to ride it, so while the paint was being applied I took the MSF Basic Riders Course. Talk about a confidence builder! When it finally came time to take my baby out I was rearing to go! A week and a half, and five hundred miles later my only regret is not jumping back on that little 120cc as soon as I healed up! Bonus points to whomever can point out where the skull comes from

OWNER: dbergh

My new (to me) wheels!
2008 Roadliner

OWNER: jhennly

Year: 2007
Make/Model: VStar Custom
Eng size:650 cc
Modifications: Raked trees, extended forks, lowered, front wheel swap
Accessories: Bars, risers, grips, mirrors, all lights including frame lights, HardKrome Exhaust, Hypercharger, HD horn, fork bullets, Pegs, rear wheel cover, driveshaft cover, swing arm covers, seat, side mount plate, aftermarket full rear fender-removed front fender, painted or powdered most of the chrome, or accessories that were purchased as chrome.
Length of time to build: Still at work

And the story/inspiration/additional comments:
My story is one of “love at first sight”. I was in the market for a bike, and really had my eye on one from another brand, that was all black. Unfortunately, it was out of my budget at the time. I didn’t give up hope though. I searched day and night, quite literally, for a cheaper alternative. I guess you could say I was slightly impatient. We’ll before long, I found it. The Yamaha Midnight Custom 650 was the bike for me. The price was ideal, allowing me to pay cash for one, and call it all mine! Sadly, there wasn’t one at the local dealer, so I began my tireless search again. At last, about two hours away, a dealer had one still in the crate, but said he could have it ready for me first thing in the morning. Well, guess who was waiting on him when he turned the key, and opened for business the next morning. A couple of signatures later, and I was the proud owner of a 2007 Vstar Custom. After a polite thank you or two, I bid them good bye. As casual as I could manage, I strolled out the door, and took a seat on MY bike for the first time. Our maiden voyage together was over 100s mile taking her back home. From that day forward, I’ve never looked back, and never regretted buying my VStar. It is truly a great bike!

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

OWNER: peterclark57

Yamaha vstar 1100 2004
Modifications
Engine : high compression pistons double valve springs, Kleihn 39mm carburetors, heavy duty clutch for all that horse power (pacific coast star)

Front end :Carlinin super sweep bars 1/12 inch thick 9 inch rise 11 inch pull back, controls are joker machince classic controls, 6 degree rake with 2 inch extension on forks
Rear end : 2 1/2 lowered fully chrome swing arm Diff, brake calliper, progressive 465 mono rear shock

Other stuff: Tank stretch by paicfic coast star, customised seat dakotia digital 7200 series gauge, cutom paint candle apple red ,

Fenders are form American legends jessie jamie tombstones, rear fender 9/12 inch wide rear tail light from Russ Weirmount, elite forward controls, headlight 7 inch headwinds, indicators from adjure, exhaust are bub Jugger huggers, jardaine oil filter relocation kit

Wheels are RC components Slashers 18inch rear 21 inch front, front single 4 pisotn calliper from RC components

Modifications are plenty thanks to Pacifc coast star mainly, as well as SS customs, jokermachine, American Legend motorcycle for the Jessie Jamie fenders and tons of other sites that made up the bit and pieces that made this bike to what it is, also there was a lot a lot of research on the net as in to get the wiring done for the Dakotia digital gauge, slonservices.com and to a site http://www.dumpit.org/reaperjr/ where i got the inspiration to change the bike. Bike took over a year to complete mainly due to the cost to do it about $10000 worth of work

Reason to do I just wanted something different and had a lot of spare time on my hands as well as the Vstar 1100 you can do a lot of customising with them

OWNER: northswede

My 1900

My ride
2008 1900 Stratoliner
V&H + PC III KN Airfilter
Kuryakin Covers on clutch and front brake
Kuryakin footpegs front and back
Mustang seat and Yamaha solo rack
Bags are original strippet from lether and painted
Paint is HOK shimrin Tangerine candy and flames in candy apple red. Total aprox 25 layers of paint and clear coat. Painted by Mr Blues.
Brake and throttle lines in stainless.
Crash bars.
Turn signals and Passing lights modified.
Home made lowers.

OWNER: Captain Jack

'09 Roadliner

OWNER: bassm1

my 2012 950T "Ole Blue"

on a steel horse I ride

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
OWNER: jhennly

Year: 2007
Make/Model: VStar Custom
Eng size:650 cc
Modifications: Raked trees, extended forks, lowered, front wheel swap
Accessories: Bars, risers, grips, mirrors, all lights including frame lights, HardKrome Exhaust, Hypercharger, HD horn, fork bullets, Pegs, rear wheel cover, driveshaft cover, swing arm covers, seat, side mount plate, aftermarket full rear fender-removed front fender, painted or powdered most of the chrome, or accessories that were purchased as chrome.
Length of time to build: I'm always working on new ideas for my bike.

And the story/inspiration/additional comments:
My story is one of “love at first sight”. I was in the market for a bike, and really had my eye on one from another brand, that was all black. Unfortunately, it was out of my budget at the time. I didn’t give up hope though. I searched day and night, quite literally, for a cheaper alternative. I guess you could say I was slightly impatient. We’ll before long, I found it. The Yamaha Midnight Custom 650 was the bike for me. The price was ideal, allowing me to pay cash for one, and call it all mine! Sadly, there wasn’t one at the local dealer, so I began my tireless search again. At last, about two hours away, a dealer had one still in the crate, but said he could have it ready for me first thing in the morning. Well, guess who was waiting on him when he turned the key, and opened for business the next morning. A couple of signatures later, and I was the proud owner of a 2007 Vstar Custom. After a polite thank you or two, I bid them good bye. As casual as I could manage, I strolled out the door, and took a seat on MY bike for the first time. Our maiden voyage together was over 100s mile taking her back home. From that day forward, I’ve never looked back, and never regretted buying my VStar. It is truly a great bike!
I added my pic back in, hope that's ok. The previous account I had was deleted, along with the original picture.

Last edited by bevo1981; 01-07-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

7-way tie for 2nd place right now!!

on a steel horse I ride

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Put me down for my brother capt jack (hell, I voted for him over my own bike in the monthly).

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 PM

I gotta vote for Capt. Jack also.

4 wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM

I vote for ole blue

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM

Bigboss' blacked out

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

only 2 days left to vote. it's still a close race between several bikes

on a steel horse I ride

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 06:29 AM

Re: 2012 BIKE OF THE YEAR voting

Capital Jack

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode