Trip to Owen Sound - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Trip to Owen Sound

Hi All,

Well, in one week my wife & I and her parents will be jumping on our bikes and leaving Detroit heading to Owen Sound for a 3 day vacation! once there we'd like to do some site seeing and scenic riding. Any suggestions where to ride and sites to see? If there are any local members that might have some suggestions or would like to join us for a nice ride Saturday that would be great to. One place I must visit is Tobermory (please excuse the misspelling) as I haven't been there in nearly 40 years. Any route there and back is fine but would really like to ride along the coastline as much as possible.

Any Ideas?

Peace,

AL
2005 RSTD 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-28-2013, 06:05 PM

That is 4 hrs and a trip threw Toronto from me or I would be in.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 06:45 AM

Hi. If you head south a little along hwy 21 you will come to Port Elgin. My home town. Nice place. Nice beach. Just south of there you can hug the shoreline for quite awhile. It's somewhat scenic. Above the shore is another country road that is paved and goes for quite a few miles almost to kincardine. There is a nuke plant (meh l grew up there. Not a big deal to me) and a small wind farm along the way. Hwy 21 is itself a nice cruising road that will provide you with a few twists, turns, and hills and a peek at the lake every now and then. There are lots of small towns along the way for rest stops with lots of 2 lane blacktop in between all the way to Goderich. If you head east from OS on hwy 10 you will eventually ( about an hour) come across a very large wind farm which is quite spectacular just because of its size. Again miles of 2 lane with nice countryside veiws and small friendly towns. The drive to Tobermory is also very nice. Hope you enjoy your cruise bro. Ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2013, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudflies View Post
Hi. If you head south a little along hwy 21 you will come to Port Elgin. My home town. Nice place. Nice beach. Just south of there you can hug the shoreline for quite awhile. It's somewhat scenic. Above the shore is another country road that is paved and goes for quite a few miles almost to kincardine. There is a nuke plant (meh l grew up there. Not a big deal to me) and a small wind farm along the way. Hwy 21 is itself a nice cruising road that will provide you with a few twists, turns, and hills and a peek at the lake every now and then. There are lots of small towns along the way for rest stops with lots of 2 lane blacktop in between all the way to Goderich. If you head east from OS on hwy 10 you will eventually ( about an hour) come across a very large wind farm which is quite spectacular just because of its size. Again miles of 2 lane with nice countryside veiws and small friendly towns. The drive to Tobermory is also very nice. Hope you enjoy your cruise bro. Ride safe.
Thanks for the info we'll for sure hit some of those roads.

Peace.

Peace,

AL
2005 RSTD 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode