Seats, to Mustang or to Ultimate, that is the question! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Seats, to Mustang or to Ultimate, that is the question!

Any of you guys have any of these seats? I know theres a ton of comments out there but I thought I'd give you guys a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 09:04 PM

Garage
Mustang is more than likely the number one seat in the after market world but it has about a 50/50 like rate.(it moves you forward some) Ultimate ? not many use it but thous that do like it. I have a Corbin, or is it Corban ? I think it is a lot like the Mustang. I had no problem with the stock seat.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 04:04 AM

Cool

I got the Ultimates full set for my 950. Not very happy with the rider seat..moves you close to the tank and I don't get the no burn ride I was looking for. However my passenger loves her seat. Hope this helps JDM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 11:37 AM

Give the ultimate a try

Picked up the Ultimate Midrider, studded - with backrest.

First off, the people at this company have all been top-notch. I told them I was coming in and they had both the lowrider and midrider ready for me to try on my bike. Personal service and addressed all my concerns.

Kenny at the factory put both on for me, adjusted the backrests and strongly suggested the midrider based on my build and concerns as to what I wanted.

As soon as I sat on the midrider, seat it was a night and day difference from stock. All the pressure that the stock places on your tailbone is gone. Pressure is distributed evenly on the glutes and it feels completely different. Neither model sits you forward like Mustang seats tend to do.

The lowrider was also very comfortable, but the midrider felt like a little more seat was included. Like it had a bit more cushion. But both models are excellent in my opinion.

Fit and finish is excellent and looking into the factory, it appeared well organized, clean and busy.

While riding, the difference was noticed even more, no pressure on the tailbone and riding at highway speeds is changed to feel significantly more stable, albeit the backrest is a huge contributor. The midrider does sit a touch higher than stock, but I have so far not found it to be an issue as the comfort is incredible.

This is a way more comfortable seat than stock. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Got the mustang seat combo about a month ago. No regrets with my choice of seats. One small sidebar comment. Since I got the seat, my pain went from where the stock seat gave it to my shoulders. I am wondering of I need to get a set of pullback risers now.

What do you guys thinK?

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYWIZARD View Post
Picked up the Ultimate Midrider, studded - with backrest.

First off, the people at this company have all been top-notch. I told them I was coming in and they had both the lowrider and midrider ready for me to try on my bike. Personal service and addressed all my concerns.

Kenny at the factory put both on for me, adjusted the backrests and strongly suggested the midrider based on my build and concerns as to what I wanted.

As soon as I sat on the midrider, seat it was a night and day difference from stock. All the pressure that the stock places on your tailbone is gone. Pressure is distributed evenly on the glutes and it feels completely different. Neither model sits you forward like Mustang seats tend to do.

The lowrider was also very comfortable, but the midrider felt like a little more seat was included. Like it had a bit more cushion. But both models are excellent in my opinion.

Fit and finish is excellent and looking into the factory, it appeared well organized, clean and busy.

While riding, the difference was noticed even more, no pressure on the tailbone and riding at highway speeds is changed to feel significantly more stable, albeit the backrest is a huge contributor. The midrider does sit a touch higher than stock, but I have so far not found it to be an issue as the comfort is incredible.

This is a way more comfortable seat than stock. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
I have the same seat for my 1300 and love it!! Best money spent on my ride by far
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
Got the mustang seat combo about a month ago. No regrets with my choice of seats. One small sidebar comment. Since I got the seat, my pain went from where the stock seat gave it to my shoulders. I am wondering of I need to get a set of pullback risers now.

What do you guys thinK?
I got I think 3" pullbacks and i love them! you should try them

2003 Roadstar 1600 Silverado

Rejetted
Aftermarket Pipes
Pullback Risers
Kuryakn Air Cleaner
K&N Air Filter
custom 4-way flashers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode