Road help? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2015, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Road help?

Looking for road directions from border crossing at Niagara Falls to Michigan (Blue Water Bridge) without using 401, 402 and 403. Is that a possibility? Would like to travel secondary roads and not venture on highways across this area. Always wondered about towns, villages and the lands, especially the people who lived there. Has anyone motorcycled these places? Thanks~YammyV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 10:47 AM

Did you ever get any directions for this trip? The ride along Lake Erie is great. I picked up a laminated map at Port Dover a couple of years ago, it was titled "Tour the Coast". Had the info you are looking for, might be able to goggle it. Definetley a nicer ride at that end compared to up here near Sarnia.

'02 Road Star
Vance & Hines exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Stage 1

'03 V Star 1100 Classic
'68 BSA 650
Several 350 & 750 Hondas
'84 Goldwing
'03 Yamaha Grizzly 660
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2015, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Skyking for your response and suggestion. I will google that map and see what I can find.
How is your weather in Sarnia? Are you still able to ride? Here in the Adirondacks we have experienced mild weather for this time of year! In fact today it was 66 degrees, but have had showers on and off.
Have a great day and ride safe! YammyV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 08:40 AM

Weather has been great this week. In fact we have had record highs two days this week. Hit 72F on Thursday, cooler with a terrible downpour yesterday. Was going to put the bike away but been riding all week, hope to get out today and sunday for possibly the last ride of the season before the wet and cold weather next week.

This link should have the info you want.The Ride | Cruise the Coast

'02 Road Star
Vance & Hines exhaust
K&N Air Filter
Stage 1

'03 V Star 1100 Classic
'68 BSA 650
Several 350 & 750 Hondas
'84 Goldwing
'03 Yamaha Grizzly 660
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2015, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Skyking that was very interesting. To me that would be an exceptional ride! Two of my daughters live in Michigan and I have made the trip across Canada from Niagara to the Blue Water Bridge by car. Thought perhaps I might be able to do this with my MC during the summer months and enjoy the scenery, as well.You have been very helpful in my research.
Hope you enjoy a few more rides before our winter weather sets in. I am hoping to just take a short ride down our road before I put my bike on the lift for the winter. I have a few add ons that I am studying the best approach. Recently I installed Kuryakyn hwy pegs. Haven't had an opportunity to try on a long distance ride but think they will be great! My next thing is doing some electrical and adding a Fz 1 fuse block to keep a clean appearance of wires for some extras.
Ride safe! YammyV
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:28 AM

Garage
Try this website Cruise the Coast

It has some maps of the area along Lake Erie, also known as Ontario's South Coast. If your just looking for a straight shot off the freeway, then Hwy 3 is probably the best. It goes through lots of small towns and still has lots to see. You can get on it as soon as you cross the border from Buffalo to Fort Erie.

Bob Smith
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks GW4E
I have started to do some research on that site. It is very interesting and have made a contact. People in Canada are very friendly and helpful. I will check Route 3. Ride safe~YammyV
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 01:08 PM

Garage
Let me know when you're taking the ride. Maybe we can get together for part of it.

Bob Smith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode