New Stryker owner here - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

New Stryker owner here

After 2 months of thought I went to pick up my new v star 950t Friday. I had talked myself out of the Stryker. When I got there they had a white stryker sitting beside the 950t. I didn't think I would like the white. But I did. To make a long story short. I bought the stryker!!! I rode it 150 miles back home and loved it. I wanted the bags and windshield. But dang it the stryker was calling out to me. I ride like an old man ( I guess I'm getting close to that). I was very impressed with the power the stryker had over the 950t. And I liked the liquid cooled engine and the speedo location. But mainly the dang thing just looks awesome. I thought I would hate the white. But it is in my garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

PS

By the way I didn't buy just because of the looks. I felt more comfortable on it, and I have never had a bike with floor boards and a heel toe shifter and wasn't sure if I would ever be comfortable with that. I'm not totally vain!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 09:02 AM

Congrats on the Stryker, they are certainly a great looking bike. While the Touring version of Star M/C's give more storage options, that doesn't mean they appeal to everyone. Your Stryker called out to you, and you heard it. Enjoy the new ride!!!!!

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 11:02 AM

Welcome to the 4m! I saw a white Stryker yesterday at my dealer and it was quite, striking *G*. Congratulations! Just because it didn't have bags doesn't mean you can't add 'em. Not sure I would want to add a windshield to a Stryker but that's probably possible too. You can ponder while you ride Let's see some pics man, stop teasing!

Annie
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 02:45 PM

I bought a used v star 950 as a first bike. It was what I could afford. After looking at numerous bikes all winter the stryker in matte grey is my wish bike.

Congrats
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:03 PM

Garage
Congrats on the Stryker, as its been said, where's the pics? White is a color you can easily add accessories to. Enjoy it and keep us updated on what you do to it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 07:24 PM

Congrats! I agree the Stryker is a really sweet looking bike (which will be clear from your pics when you post them). There is an Impact Blue one (I think that is what they call it) at the dealer and it really looks nice. I'm hoping I can hold out one more summer before I just have to buy a one(;-).

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

I'm working on the pictures. It's like launching the shuttle. Not a computer guy! I need a sissy bar , any advice? I don't want to put saddle bags on it, but I got to have somewhere to put my work stuff. So I'm thinking a sissy bar and a bag I can strap to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode