Handlebars? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 02:23 AM Thread Starter

Handlebars?

Hey guys I am not an owner of a Stryker, but I would like to be. However one thing I was wondering before I go get one. is it even possible to change the handlebars to something different say a drag bar? I ask cause with the way the speedo is integrated I don't see how to do it but I don't own one so I bow to yalls knowlege.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

i don't see why not. looks like none of the cables are internal so as long as you get the same size replacement handlebar, the instrument panel should just fit on any after market set. i would check with a dealer to make sure.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 AM
Banned

I just scrolled thru 20 pages of threads on a Stryker forum in the "Mods and Accessories" section and not ONE about aftermarket handlebars. There was one who was looking for contact info of anybody that could hand make drag bars for his 2011 Stryker.

You may have made an important observation if you have your heart set on putting drag bars on the Stryker.

One thing I haven't done was look at the Yammi accessories for the Stryker. Yammi does offer drag style bars for many Star cruisers. If they offer them for the Stryker then I would imagine other companies make them too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 10:01 PM

Handle bars

SgtCuts,

The Stryker is a new modle so you might be limited in accessories. Here is a link to the parts book you can see how it comes apart. Scroll down to steering and steering handle. Doesn't look like you could just stick any old bars on the bike.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/partv...VS13CBO_-_2012)

Dave
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2012, 06:04 PM

We did see someone that made bars for the Stryker, however they were not drag bars. If I find the contact I will see if I could forward the info for you.
LM

Low and Mean offers many great products for the Star Motorcycle models. Check us out at http://www.LowandMean.com Or toll free at 1-855-880-6660 Email is [email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 AM

That was the one thing that turned me off from the stryker. The speedo is welded to the bars!. With a good idea and a little fabrication and machining you could do anything.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 04:49 PM

i'm in the process of swaping bars right now, i haven't found any made for the Stryker but bars from the Raider fit. the main problem is that the risers on most bikes are 110 mm on center and the Stryker is 115mm on center (if i remember correct) the raiders work with a little modification to the controls. its worth the work, i hated the bars on stryker. BTW the speedo mount only is welded to the bars, its easy enough to take the speedo off and make your own bracket. i'm ditching that speedo too (hopefully it'll work)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 01:19 PM

Up date on HB mods. A number of guys have manufactured handle bars. But the most common mod is 2" raiser spacers. I just changed back to the stock bars with raisers because the drag bar style was not comfortable for long rides even though I ha a 2" raise and 2" pull back on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raiser1.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	27337   Click image for larger version

Name:	1013886_506812822724375_1067284251_n.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	27345  

2011 Impact Blue Stryker
Cobra Speedster Slash Downs
K&N air filter
o2 mod
OEM short backrest and pad
PCS lowering kit set at 2.25"
240 rear tire
Handle bar risers
Side mount license plate
Saddle bags
stealth slipstream shield
Wife's bike SOLD
2013 Pearl White Stryker
Wife's new bike,
2013 impact blue Roadstar Siverado S 1700cc
ISO grips
Cobra back bar and rack
studded seat covers.
Mic tassels
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakecircus View Post
i'm in the process of swaping bars right now, i haven't found any made for the Stryker but bars from the Raider fit. the main problem is that the risers on most bikes are 110 mm on center and the Stryker is 115mm on center (if i remember correct) the raiders work with a little modification to the controls. its worth the work, i hated the bars on stryker. BTW the speedo mount only is welded to the bars, its easy enough to take the speedo off and make your own bracket. i'm ditching that speedo too (hopefully it'll work)
If you get rid of the speedo you have to switch to a riser with separate bar combo as on the Stryker the speedo mount holds the bars together.

I think the 1300 deluxe has the same speedo as the Stryker but it is integrated onto the risers and bars are separate. Might be worth looking into??

2011 Impact Blue Stryker
Cobra Speedster Slash Downs
K&N air filter
o2 mod
OEM short backrest and pad
PCS lowering kit set at 2.25"
240 rear tire
Handle bar risers
Side mount license plate
Saddle bags
stealth slipstream shield
Wife's bike SOLD
2013 Pearl White Stryker
Wife's new bike,
2013 impact blue Roadstar Siverado S 1700cc
ISO grips
Cobra back bar and rack
studded seat covers.
Mic tassels
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 01:46 PM

im not quite sure what your saying but heres the speedo housing i plan on using (it bolts onto the triple tree)

and these bars (crappy pics but its what i have here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode