Bright Amber ground effects lighting - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
Bright Amber ground effects lighting

I'm in the process of installing the ground effects lighting on my sons
Stryker. I'm the mod guy so I get the nod on all the wiring stuff.
( I do it for a living) Jason went with the Amber LED panels which
will be 2 - 18 LED panels and 2 - 6 LED panels...

These are all marine grade products that are water proof.

I will have pics of the install. As we are now making the mounting brackets for under the frame.

Only the switch in the side cover is in place.

The biggest challenge is the wiring around the battery. Very tight
with minimal room to do much of anything.
I have it figured out so it should be fairly easy.

Stay tuned and follow our results.

jake

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
Ok well I finished the install of the two main lights under the bike on Saturday. Everything looks seamless. No visible signs are present
unless you look real close or from underneath.

The amber lights cast a nice glow almost the same color as a cigarette
ember.

The two 4 inch lights have not been installed yet ( still figuring out where to put them ).

Anyway my son took the bike to work today so maybe pics later tonight
for the masses. ..

jake

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Well here are some simple pics of the lights as they are right now.
We have a few more to install yet...

The last shot is my 650 with the rear lights moved to the bottom of each hard bag.

I made the switch today. ( they were mounted on the passenger foot peg mounts)
jake
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	47226   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	47234   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	47242  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Both look nice. You should have the amber on yours. I think would set off your paint better. Just my opinion though.

Sonysnek
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-10-2015, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Thanks a bunch, The green was my choice when the bike was still black onix. And I really like the lighting it gives off. It's a good bit brighter then the amber lights.

I have a bunch of these lights in 4 inch (6 LED) Clear, blue, red, green, amber.

Blue and red cannot be used under a bike. ( police get pissed off quick and may ticket you).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode