2018 Venture Transcontinental forum - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

2018 Venture Transcontinental forum

I dont seem to see a 2018 Venture forum ? Have I missed it ? If not seems that'd be a good one to add. I took a long look at one yesterday. Pretty amazing motorcycle.

JUst something to think about, thats all. Thanx.

2008 Harley FLHTCU Electraglide
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Thanks jbasile, we can look into it. First, we'd have to see if the community also wanted to get the section added. We'll check back on this thread in a few days and see if other members of the community have added their feedback.

Niall

Check out some of our new motorcycle forums:
Vulcan Forum | Goldwing Forum | RC51 Forum | FZ6 Forum | Victory Forum
| Buell Forum | KTM Forum | Aprilia Forum | Star Motorcycle Forum |
Kawasaki Forum |
If you are interested, we are looking for moderators and admins to help grow
these sites.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Its probably the most significant new product introduction by Yamaha Motorcycles in a decade. Or more. If you are going to have a forum featuring "models" (which you do) I'm uncertain why you would leave out the flagship of the line and wait for people to respond to a thread with very few hits. Is that the process you used to initiate the other model forum classifications ? There is no poll option in this forum software or I'd gladly start one.

Oh well, no biggie. If I'm the only one asking...either no one here knows about the new 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental.....or no one cares.

EDIT: ps, I mean a Venture TC model category here on the Starbikes forum.....not a whole new forum with different URL.....just a simple addition to the models category list which has Bolt...650...1100..... Roadstar...etc. Just to clarify.

Thanx.

2008 Harley FLHTCU Electraglide
2008 V-Star 1100 Classic

Last edited by jbasile; 04-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Elk

I vote yes on the new forum.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 07:00 PM

Garage
I say yes to a new Venture category. There has been interesting threads started all ready about people taking test drives.
bevo1981, bevo1981, Elk and 1 others like this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Yamaha is going to get a lot of new customers for this model line, at least they are banking on that. If you want them to come here instead of somewhere else, it makes sense to add the forum. i'd recommend labeling it the "Venture/Eluder" forum.
Brad_G and Brad_G like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Last edited by bevo1981; 04-03-2018 at 01:48 AM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
Yamaha is going to get a lot of new customers for this model line, at least they are banking on that. If you want them to come here instead of somewhere else, it makes sense to add the forum. i'd recommend labeling it the "Venture/Eluder" forum.
I'd second this option. From my understanding they're basically the same bike just dressed differently.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Okay great. I just set up the Venture/Eluder forum. Let me know if you have any feedback or it needs some tweaking. Thanks again for the suggestion @jbasile

Cheers,

Erik
Elk and Elk like this.

Kawasaki Forum |
these sites.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbasile View Post
Its probably the most significant new product introduction by Yamaha Motorcycles in a decade. Or more. If you are going to have a forum featuring "models" (which you do) I'm uncertain why you would leave out the flagship of the line and wait for people to respond to a thread with very few hits. Is that the process you used to initiate the other model forum classifications ? There is no poll option in this forum software or I'd gladly start one.

Oh well, no biggie. If I'm the only one asking...either no one here knows about the new 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental.....or no one cares.

EDIT: ps, I mean a Venture TC model category here on the Starbikes forum.....not a whole new forum with different URL.....just a simple addition to the models category list which has Bolt...650...1100..... Roadstar...etc. Just to clarify.

Thanx.
It's a tough call for admin to decide which models to dedicate an entire model category for. Just look at the traffic stats for the Warrior, Stryker and Vmax, not much going on there. As for the Venture, I think so far we've discussed the elusive Niken more than we have the Venture so whether it's deemed a 'significant' model has yet to be decided but honestly with $25K price tag I suspect as far as forum traffic is concerned, it'll go the way of the Warrior.

Last edited by Diogenes415; 04-04-2018 at 03:59 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Thanks guys, section has been added - Venture/Eluder - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

Niall

Kawasaki Forum |
these sites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in