Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Setting PMS

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  nick57 
#1 ·
I had new tubes and tires installed at a local shop this week. While I was there, I asked them to check the setup of the carbs (synch, set PMS and set idle). They charged me $40 for the 1/2 hour of labor (not bad). I have TimB’s PMS from when I added the Chubby and re-jetted, set PMS and re-synched carbs. The bike had been re-jetted once before when the stock exhaust was replaced. Jets are set for both per the recommended sizes from the Chubby kit.

In setting up the carbs, the mechanic noted that the PMS screws only needed to come out about 1/4 turn which he noted as unusual (I told them the taper was different but, I agree, this seems “unusual” as I would’ve expected a turn-and-a-half or so based on what I’ve read about the stock PMS screws). With that said, he noted the bike runs well, and I can confirm that after putting about 20 miles on the ride home.

Anyone have a similar experience?

#2 ·
1/4 turn from where? i would turn one of the screws in a 1/4 turn and see if it bottoms out.if your not popping on decell it was 1/4 turn from where they were set at.maybe the carbs are getting restricted and could use a few doses of berrymans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.