Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Rear fender bracket?

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  afaycasaym 
#1 ·
Hey y'all I'm a new road star owner and had a question. I recently bought an '05 midnight star and it currently has the stock passenger backrest on it. I like the look of the bike with just the saddlebags and no passenger backrest BUT if I remove the backrest I am left with the "stems" from the saddlebag mounts sticking out. Does anyone have a DYI they did or know where I can get a bracket to set in there? Thanks

#3 ·
What you're looking for use to be made by Custom World International. They stopped making them, so a guy named Landon started making them for awhile . One pops up on eBay on a rare occassion. It's called a Landon Grab Bar. They typically go for around $200. Click on my garage and enlarge one of my pics and you'll see it. It's a low profile curved bar that inserts where the backrest mounts. I also have a pair of custom make backrest/bag support arms with the arms removed, smoothed over and re-chromed. If you're interested, I can get you a pic in a few days, since I'm out of town.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.