C Spec to R Spec - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Question C Spec to R Spec

I have a 2015 Bolt C-Spec. Made the mistake of sitting on an R-Spec. Is it possible to convert my C to an R? Handlebars, Controls, maybe even seat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

you can convert anything to anything. you just have to figure out if it's going to be worth the money and effort to you.

https://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oem...cle_2016/parts

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Thank you! Now I have to crunch the numbers and see!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 09:24 PM

Keep in mind the R-Spec has a different upper triple clamp which requires 1"bars. Your C spec used 7/8" bars. The cables and wires on the C-Spec are also very short. You will be limited in what handlebars you can install. I know. I just did it for my daughters C-Spec. What a pain in the a$$.
We installed 7/8" super bike bars with spacers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1704.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	82090  
bevo1981 and Diogenes415 like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

I would be very interested in seeing some pictures of what you did if you have some available. Do you have a ballpark figure of what you spent on your conversion? Thank you!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:04 AM

C-Spec to XXX

Hi Frank, Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I rarely get on the forum since the Bolt is not my bike. I ride a V Star 1300 Deluxe so I'm usually on that forum. So the upper triple clamp was about $50 off ebay, superbike handlebars $40 (local), turn signals $30 (local), bobber seat $ 50 off ebay, tail light $30 (local), and here's the kicker, I tried to convince my daughter to just get a cheap (<$50) metal fender off ebay but nope, she wanted a specific type, so...about $700 later she has a bolt on fibreglass fender from Low and Mean. But it wasn't a straight bolt on. The mounting brackets did not line up so it took some work to get it to fit. So you could make it happen for about $200, less the ridiculous fender. so about $300 total I would say. Attached is a pic of the finished bike. I took it for a spin for about an hour, definitely a more comfortable ride with the handlebar and seat change. Oh and the handlebar spacers that go in the handlebar clamps, about $50, and bar end mirrors ($30). So $280 all in. That's in Canadian dollars, so about $9.87 USD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1787.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	82186  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in