want more power? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By bevo1981
  • 4 Post By SilvrT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-15-2015, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

want more power?

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/bolt.htm

i'm not endorsing this company as i don't really know much about them, but the dyno results he posts should give you a lot to think about. even if you don't use his service/product, his dyno results show how airbox/exhaust improvements will increase your performance.

chedobean and chedobean like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 07:13 PM

If I'm reading everything right what that dyno graph shows is not just from exhaust and an airbox. It also includes an ECU and Power Commander. It has been reprogrammed for ignition timing and fuel delivery.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 03:21 AM

Quote:
(Taken directly from the webpage....) Remember that these are only full throttle tests and do not reflect any driveability improvements
To quote the guys on British TopGear ".... POWER!!!!!!!!!! ...."

'06 VStar 1100 Classic - black with ghost flames!
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack
National Cycle windshield
National Cycle quick release hardbags
Lindby engine guard
Driving lights mounted to engine guard

More to come when I save enough cash!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 12:18 PM

Probably close to $2 grand to get 10 HP? Wow.....definitely not cheap horsepower.... but nice to know it's there if you have a fat wallet.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick – 6* Tree - 2" extended forks – 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock – Pods – Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

closer to $1K if you just have modest upgrades. but look at how much people spend on pipes and air intake anyways. that's most of the budget there. and 10HP might not sound like a lot out of context, but for this bike it's a 20% increase in power which is pretty significant. and at 6250 RPMs, where you'll spend a lot of time when you have the throttle open, it's a 15HP increase, or 30% more power over stock. how much would you spend for a 30% more power? i look at this particular mod as a supplement to those that have already upgraded the bike with pipes/intake/FMS. but either way, most bike owners spend hundreds or thousands of dollars upgrading their rides in various ways, so it would make sense that some of that was spent here.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Last edited by bevo1981; 02-01-2015 at 05:07 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 02:45 AM

over the years ive had a fair bit of stuff from Ivans and its allway been good and worked, as bevo says 10bhp is alot, some engines work well with afew mods others need alot more , but in my book a little more is allways good
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2016, 10:34 AM

The real impressive part of that is the Torque curve. Considerable improvement where you want it.

Torque gets you going

Horse power keeps you going

2005 Road Star Midnight
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 10:36 AM

Just came back from Ivan's. It was a nice ride from where I'm at, like 28 mins. He did the flash in like 10 mins. I removed the ecu for him and he went to work.
Overall the bike feels great now. I had a Vance&Hines naked intake and a cobra slip on. The backfires and burbles were cool but annoying after a while. This time smoothed that out and feels much better when taking off or reapplying throttle. Haven't pushed it yet since I just got the bike, to hell with a warranty lol. Not a bad shop, I was the 2nd person there and the first one out.
I will go back later for the fuel controller. He suggested it but said I didn't really need it, that I should be good for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode