Any one actually own one of these?? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Any one actually own one of these??

Hey forum.

Are there some actual Bolt riders on here? I'm currently riding a vstar 650 custom, but I'm strongly considering trading it in for a bolt. There is a dealer about an hour from me that has a brand new 2014 still in stock and a dealer in my town with a couple 2015's. Anyhow....

Anyone have anything to say about their's? good and bad?

How does it do on the freeway? Any complaints?

2007 V-Star 650 Custom - SOLD
2010 Vulcan 900 Custom - SOLD
2015 Yamaha Bolt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-30-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Nobody??? It seems like there should be at least a few bolt riders on here.

2007 V-Star 650 Custom - SOLD
2010 Vulcan 900 Custom - SOLD
2015 Yamaha Bolt
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 02:01 PM

Garage
I now own a 2013 Yamaha bolt and I love it. I upgraded from a 2007 VStar 650 Classic. Picked it up in August 2015 its much better on the hwy than my 650 was no doubt. So far no complaints here love the fuel injection over the carb. Anyways hope this helps.

2014 Yamaha Bolt
2007 Yamaha V Star 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 06:34 AM

Thanks for the reply man. I test rode a Bolt and after searching and looking high and low, decided to keep my Raider. There's just not another bike like it, layout, power, comfort, and then some. I couldn't switch to anything else and be happier, so I won't! Have a good Holiday Season my friend.
RedStar07 and RedStar07 like this.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 06:45 AM

I have a 2015 Bolt. Traded from a 2006 Vstar 1100 custom. Totally different ride, but I love my Bolt

2015 Bolt

Low & Mean Highway pegs
SS Custom Cycles Billy Bob Intake
SS Custom Cycles Python Exaust
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

how does the size compare to the 1100? does the Bolt feel like a full sized bike or something much smaller?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-07-2016, 08:55 AM

Actually fairly comparable. the 1100 wasn't really a large framed bike versus a road glide or a victory cross country. Also 1100cc with carb is fairly comparable to 900cc Fuel injected.

The seat is not as cushy since the bolt is meant to be a sportster/bobber style bike, but I find the Bolt much more maneuverable. Especially in tight spaces

2015 Bolt

Low & Mean Highway pegs
SS Custom Cycles Billy Bob Intake
SS Custom Cycles Python Exaust
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-07-2016, 09:44 AM

Hi ..I own a 2015 bolt r-spec. Got it in Sept. 2015...I love it....I can't. Really compare it to any other bikes because I'm a new rider...only been riding since Jan.2016...I did ride my husband's bike he has a Vulcan s 2015 and Its nice but not my style....the only negative I have is the mirrors...they vibrate really bad and Its hard to see out of them...but other than that no issues....
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-07-2016, 05:43 PM

When the Bolt hit the market in 2014 I immediately wanted one. Love the bobber/cruiser hybrid, the blacked out look, engine size, all of the above. I waited a few years until I could afford one and purchased a 2015 Bolt R-Spec a few months ago, upgrading from a 2003 VStar Classic.

I FUCKING LOVE MY BOLT. LOVE IT. Guy I bought it from put some blacked out Vance & Hines pipes on her, and she looks and sounds amazing. He also dropped the pegs an inch, and pushed them forward to give it more of a cruiser feel. Love how she handles. For a 140lb guy like myself, the 942cc engine is perfect, and I honestly don't need much more. So much different than the VStar, which now feels like I'm riding a couch when I take her out.

I'm probably looking at installing a fuel processor when I swap out the air intake for a Vance & Hines VO2, and then will get a custom tune job on her somewhere in Sacramento.

The ONLY issue I've seemed to notice is that the handlebars get a bit shaky when slowing down under 40 MPH, but it's definitely nothing to not buy the bike for. I was a little unhappy I already blew a clutch case gasket, as I'm only at 2700 miles, but I'm taking her in next week to get fixed and figure out what went wrong.

Other than that, I would have sex with my Bolt if she was human. Pictured are my two Yamaha Ladies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160713_180636.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	61633  
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 12:40 AM

Garage
My wife just traded her Yam R3 for a 2015 Bolt. She LOVES it!!!! Very easy bike to ride, and fun too. I only got to ride it a couple times, once home from the dealer, then again back and forth for the first service. Quite a different feel from my V-Star 950. We did put on the Yamaha windshield, and it works pretty good. We don't do much hi-way (expressway) riding, but it does handle well at higher speeds. We are both tall (me at 6'1" and my wife is 6') and find it comfortable. Shorter riders might find it a stretch to the bars, but you can get optional bars to shorten the distance. Had it for about a month now, and took it on a 2400 km tour up to Lake Superior, and wife was very pleased. Much more comfortable than the R3 for longer hauls. Only complaint we have is that the front forks are starting to pit. Seems like any little bug strikes will chip the black finish. Advised my dealer and they said they will look into it. Not really concerned about it at this point.

Marko
2014 v-star 950 tourer / 2015 bolt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode