2015 Bolt Question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By chedobean
  • 4 Post By dewdewyah

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2015 Bolt Question

Does anyone own a 2015 Bolt (not R or C spec)? Are the mirrors symmetrical? On my wife's Bolt the left one has a longer mount and sits well past the end of the bar. The right one is much shorter which is similar to my VStar 950, only the Bolt's are have a black finish. Just looks a little odd....

Parts manual shows both mirrors being pretty much the same, but cannot rely on manual showing exact dimensions.

Marko
2014 v-star 950 tourer / 2015 bolt

Last edited by marko950; 08-16-2016 at 03:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:04 PM

Garage
I have a 2014 and the mirrors are symmetrical as one would expect. Sounds like the wrong part has been installed, they should definitely be symmetrical, especially when handlebar mounted.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I ran the issue past my Yamaha dealer and they too thought it was a little odd. They in turned pushed the issue up to Yamaha Canada, and after much debate they came back with the answer that it was done this way by design. First answer was it was done this way due to the mounting positions of the stems on each side...but measurements submitted to them shows the distance between the mount and the end of the bars is identical on each side. Looks like someone somewhere along the assembly line made a slight error, or cannot measure properly. On some YouTube videos of guys riding 2015 Bolts, it appears they have the same mirror configuration as on my wife's bike. Seems to only be an issue with the 2015 Standard Bolt...go figure. I told my wife I could just buy another mirror and replace the stem if it bothered her, but she said she can live with it as is. Not really that noticeable unless you look closely.

Thanks for the reply! Is your 2014 Bolt a standard or C or R spec?

Marko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:27 AM

Garage
I have an r-spec marko, wich I intend to do some mods on.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
chedobean,

I know for sure that the C-Spec has different bars, and possibly the R spec as well, possibly why the difference. Good to hear yours is fine! On another topic, I just looked at your profile and it shows "rc aeroplanes" under interests. Very cool, and a bit of a co-incident! I am past president of a club up here called North Simcoe Flyers. Been in the hobby for almost 30 years and fly everything from small electric indoor flyers, to large two and four stroke glow birds. The odd heli as well...but just for giggles. How bout you?

Marko
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko950 View Post
Looks like someone somewhere along the assembly line made a slight error, or cannot measure properly.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 08:23 PM

Garage
Cool Marko, I have built planes since I was a kid. I fly electric now, though I haven't done much flying in the last couple of years. Ready to get back into and it's been windy nearly every day here for months.
I believe the bars are the same on the standard Bolt and r-spec. they had both next to each other when I bought mine. I have a set of hurricane old style #1 handlebars that are going on it as soon as the cable extension kit arrives.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 03:39 PM

I ride a 2015 standard bolt. The mirrors are two different lengths. Its just how they were designed. Someone on the yamahastarbolt.com forum verified this with yamaha.

Funny how clearly they did some design work on the mirrors, but I still can't see a damn thing out of them. Haha.

2007 V-Star 650 Custom - SOLD
2010 Vulcan 900 Custom - SOLD
2015 Yamaha Bolt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode