Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Wiring Harness

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  pauli466 
#1 ·
Hey guys quick question. Ive done a few alarms on bikes. I did a Scorpio i900 install on my R6 and didn't have an issue wiring the engine kill switch relay. It was right there up front.
My issue is now with the Bolt. I can't find the wiring loom for the engine kill switch. I know the colors but don't want to start chopping up the harness sheathing to look for the colors which possibly go to other places. On the R6 there was a sub connector after the engine kill switch. On this bike I don't know where to look. Any ideas?

#2 ·
split the switch housing enough to to take peek with a led flashlight at the wires to the switch, there has to be a connector under the right or left neck cover where the switch harness connects to the main, when you buy kill switches the harness usually comes with it because it's soldered at the switch with a plug at the end.

#3 ·
Thanks, Sounds like a plan.
I looked up the schematic online and now I know its the red wire with blue stripe. Just want to catch the wire closer to the harness. Like after the fuel tank headed to the seat. This way I can solder the alarm relay there so it can be more protected. Actually looking for the joint coupler I believe its a 24 pin coupler before the main plug to the ecu.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.