Wiring Harness - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By pauli466
  • 2 Post By motoman21
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
motoman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 31
Wiring Harness

Hey guys quick question. Ive done a few alarms on bikes. I did a Scorpio i900 install on my R6 and didn't have an issue wiring the engine kill switch relay. It was right there up front.
My issue is now with the Bolt. I can't find the wiring loom for the engine kill switch. I know the colors but don't want to start chopping up the harness sheathing to look for the colors which possibly go to other places. On the R6 there was a sub connector after the engine kill switch. On this bike I don't know where to look. Any ideas?
motoman21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Senior Member
 
pauli466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,309
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman21 View Post
Hey guys quick question. Ive done a few alarms on bikes. I did a Scorpio i900 install on my R6 and didn't have an issue wiring the engine kill switch relay. It was right there up front.
My issue is now with the Bolt. I can't find the wiring loom for the engine kill switch. I know the colors but don't want to start chopping up the harness sheathing to look for the colors which possibly go to other places. On the R6 there was a sub connector after the engine kill switch. On this bike I don't know where to look. Any ideas?
split the switch housing enough to to take peek with a led flashlight at the wires to the switch, there has to be a connector under the right or left neck cover where the switch harness connects to the main, when you buy kill switches the harness usually comes with it because it's soldered at the switch with a plug at the end.
Tom HB and Tom HB like this.

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
pauli466 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
motoman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli466 View Post
split the switch housing enough to to take peek with a led flashlight at the wires to the switch, there has to be a connector under the right or left neck cover where the switch harness connects to the main, when you buy kill switches the harness usually comes with it because it's soldered at the switch with a plug at the end.
Thanks, Sounds like a plan.
I looked up the schematic online and now I know its the red wire with blue stripe. Just want to catch the wire closer to the harness. Like after the fuel tank headed to the seat. This way I can solder the alarm relay there so it can be more protected. Actually looking for the joint coupler I believe its a 24 pin coupler before the main plug to the ecu.
Tom HB and Tom HB like this.
motoman21 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
motoman21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NYC
Posts: 31
Well I found the wire plug from the right hand controls at the bottom front left under the tank. Wired my alarm cut off to the red wire with white stripe. Thats the engine cut off lead wire.
motoman21 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Senior Member
 
pauli466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,309
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoman21 View Post
Well I found the wire plug from the right hand controls at the bottom front left under the tank. Wired my alarm cut off to the red wire with white stripe. Thats the engine cut off lead wire.
i hate when the wire change colors after a plug connector, i think it's done to confuse people

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
pauli466 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome