Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

I finally slowed down and smelled the exhaust.

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GARider 
#1 ·
Well I didn't believe it until I saw it myself. I finally slowed down and smelled the exhaust and took in the sights at slower speeds and now reaping the benefits of higher gas mileage. Also I am about 200 miles pass 4000 miles which I heard is the final breakin. So I Currently have a great adverage of 42.1 from my ride home on Friday in stop and go traffic without resetting the computer it read 36.9 then the next morning leaving for my ride to Maggie valley (Saturday) and on my way back after over 300 miles and almost 12 hours later I had 42.1 mile per gallon adverage. Very nice.
There was a bike rally in Maggie Valley yesterday "Thunder in the Smokies" and not another SVTC in sight or found in the sea of bikes expect for the 3 at the Yamaha tent for demos and still no one approached me. I had a lot of looker and pointers. I waved and smiled (so maybe it was my crazy smiling that scared them off) hehehe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.