Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

C Spec to R Spec

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Go9ers7999 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Bolt C-Spec. Made the mistake of sitting on an R-Spec. Is it possible to convert my C to an R? Handlebars, Controls, maybe even seat?

#4 ·
Keep in mind the R-Spec has a different upper triple clamp which requires 1"bars. Your C spec used 7/8" bars. The cables and wires on the C-Spec are also very short. You will be limited in what handlebars you can install. I know. I just did it for my daughters C-Spec. What a pain in the a$$.
We installed 7/8" super bike bars with spacers.

Attachments

#6 ·
C-Spec to XXX

Hi Frank, Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I rarely get on the forum since the Bolt is not my bike. I ride a V Star 1300 Deluxe so I'm usually on that forum. So the upper triple clamp was about $50 off ebay, superbike handlebars $40 (local), turn signals $30 (local), bobber seat $ 50 off ebay, tail light $30 (local), and here's the kicker, I tried to convince my daughter to just get a cheap (<$50) metal fender off ebay but nope, she wanted a specific type, so...about $700 later she has a bolt on fibreglass fender from Low and Mean. But it wasn't a straight bolt on. The mounting brackets did not line up so it took some work to get it to fit. So you could make it happen for about $200, less the ridiculous fender. so about $300 total I would say. Attached is a pic of the finished bike. I took it for a spin for about an hour, definitely a more comfortable ride with the handlebar and seat change. Oh and the handlebar spacers that go in the handlebar clamps, about $50, and bar end mirrors ($30). So $280 all in. That's in Canadian dollars, so about $9.87 USD:wink:

Attachments

#7 ·
C-Spec to XXX

Hi Frank, Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I rarely get on the forum since the Bolt is not my bike. I ride a V Star 1300 Deluxe so I'm usually on that forum. So the upper triple clamp was about $50 off ebay, superbike handlebars $40 (local), turn signals $30 (local), bobber seat $ 50 off ebay, tail light $30 (local), and here's the kicker, I tried to convince my daughter to just get a cheap (<$50) metal fender off ebay but nope, she wanted a specific type, so...about $700 later she has a bolt on fibreglass fender from Low and Mean. But it wasn't a straight bolt on. The mounting brackets did not line up so it took some work to get it to fit. So you could make it happen for about $200, less the ridiculous fender. so about $300 total I would say. Attached is a pic of the finished bike. I took it for a spin for about an hour, definitely a more comfortable ride with the handlebar and seat change. Oh and the handlebar spacers that go in the handlebar clamps, about $50, and bar end mirrors ($30). So $280 all in. That's in Canadian dollars, so about $9.87 USD:wink:
Sorry I know this was posted years ago. But wondering if you needed to get new cables for the c spec? I know the cables are a lot shorter. Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.