Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Western Maryland V Star 650. New member.

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Redbird58 
#1 ·
Hey! You guys are great.
Basically new rider, so i really can use tips, tricks and basic stuff about this bike. Rode for about 10 years, no MSF course though. Stopped when my daughter was born, 16 years later, picking up where i left off... Street and short day trip rider. I'm tiny, 5'foot and this bike feels really big, but handles like a dream. thank you for running this forum!

#2 ·
Can't stress enough how valuable the course is. There's not a day I ride that I don't continue to practice skills I was taught. Plan on taking the advanced course. Don't want to be a statistic because I wasn't prepared. Welcome from Minneapolis.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. I looked at the 650 but got back into riding on an 1100 mainly because my better half thought she might enjoy riding on back. Turns out she does so it was a good call. Both are excellent bikes and you found the best place to learn all about it. Post a pic when you get a chance.

#6 ·
Thanks for the links. Gonna take it easy for a while. Saving up for MSF course... Long story. Short story is I'm working up to real riding, no hurry there. Long time friend..gave me the bike. I'm in no hurry. Practicing with cones on a parking lot for the next few weeks. Really glad there is a welcome group like this forum. Def post pics when i figure out how. Thank you.

#9 · (Edited)
Hey folks. Thanks again for all you experienced riders advice. You are an amazing resource for us beginners. Ok, you asked for pics, I think i figured out how to post em. Proud owner...

#10 ·
Good looking bike. Noticed you used imgbb. If you choose BBCode full linked when you post this is what we see, not just a link. Try it.

#14 ·
Welcome Stratsurvivor, nice bike! I started riding way back in the dark ages of enduro... You'd be amazed at what just the basic MSF does for you. I recently took the class and realized just how much I had lost over a long hiatus.

#15 ·
I'll definitely check out the local college! Thanks Deeksvstarclassic. Thanks 65cabriolet! Definitely looking for a class. I don't want to be a statistic. Ride safe folks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.