Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

crash bar help

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Summer 
#1 ·
Does anyone know right off if there is a crash bar out there that will fit an 1100 with 4" floorboard extensions? Ext. are from motorcycle enhancements if that makes a difference. Would really like one for looks, protection, and comfort of pegs but I don't want to give up my board extensions.

#3 · (Edited)
I very much doubt it... I have posted 2 pics of my engine bar. One to show the extender that came with the bar so you can mount it! and the other to show the clearance between the bar and the floorboard. (Lindby bar) As you can see, there is barely 2 inches with the floorboards in the stock position.

Your best bet is to call up the guys that make your floorboard extensions and ask if they know of a brand that will fit.

Now to go back to the bike and work out where those liquid marks are coming from! :)
Edit: Looks like it's just a byproduct of the fact that I have a dirty, dirty bike... Or it's from siphoning out the extra oil that the dealer mechanic insisted on putting in (since when are you "supposed" to overfill oil??) Anyone want to come to SF and polish her for me?!

Attachments

#5 ·
If anyone out there has a bar similar to this: http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ53537
I would appreciate a pic or two. Seems this may be my only solution short of removing my board extensions.

#7 ·
I have seen that pic on their website...thanks. I'm was hoping someone could give a pic of what the bike looks like with this installed. To me this pic shows the bar but I can't tell what the bike looks like with it installed. Hope that makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.