Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

MS batwing advice

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  hdeater113 
#1 ·
So I'm having a tough time deciding what's going to keep the wind off me this coming spring when the liner comes back out of the garage, and I thought I'd ask you fine folks for some advice.

I really like the way the MS batwing looks on the liner, and I think I'd like to go that way. However, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything, so here's what I'm thinking:

I'll need to buy the batwing itself, and the set of trigger lock mounts. I keep seeing two different mode numbers for the trigger locks, but it looks like they're the same part. I'll also need to pick up a shield for the fairing, but I think I'll wait until I have the fairing installed to measure how tall I want that to be. Am I missing any parts?

I'm not worried about the painting, I've been painting tins for a while now on the stuff I've restored, and I can handle the fairing I think. Price wise, the fairing and mounts are only about $30 bucks more than a comparable windshield and mounts, (without considering the cost of the windshield for the fairing or paint), so it's not that far to go from a shield to the fairing.

Those of you running one, are there caveats? Anything that I should know that isn't a positive? Fitment issues, clearance issues, any of that stuff?

See less See more
#2 ·
I put mine on for the looks and the tunes. As for the wind protection I would have to say
it's about the same as the factory Stratoliner windshield. I don't have lowers on mine so you could put those on for more protection. I figure if i want a lot of wind protection I'll drive my truck. Don't have any hair left to blow in the wind so it's not like the old days. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.